July 23-27, 2007

Toups

• Members

This board is slow... or is it just me?

I hope these numbers are right for GH!

After reading at the Dish someones sit down with writer MC. I now know why the show sucks! When you have writers spread out all over the place, no wounder the show has no real flow or stays true to it's past history. Bias of how certain writers write for favorites and not for the health of a show has me shaking my head in disgust! GH is lazy!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

From the ABC Press Release (Wk. of 7/23), it's better than nothing...

* "General Hospital" was the No. 2-ranked program for the week, with a 1.8 rating and an 11 share, delivering 1.2 million Women 18-49. "GH" beat "Days of Our Lives" by 22% and time period competitor "Guiding Light" by 99% this week among Women 18-49. The drama was up 9% among Women 18-49 versus last year and 34% among Female Teens versus last year.

* "One Life to Live" was the No. 3-ranked program of the week, with a 1.6 rating and a 10 share, delivering 1.1 million Women 18-49. "OLTL" was up 1% versus the same week last year. Additionally, "OLTL" outperformed time period competitors "As the World Turns" by 85% and "Passions" by 54% among Women 18-49. The drama was also up 4% among Women 18-34 and 17% among Female Teens versus last week.

* "All My Children" was the No. 4*-ranked program of the week, with a 1.5 rating and a 9 share, delivering one million Women 18-49, marking its best delivery since May 07. "AMC" was up 10% from last week among Women 18-49. Additionally, the drama was up 22% versus last week among Women 18-34 and 6% among Female Teens.

Season to date, ABC Daytime's drama lineup ranks No. 1, with a 1.6 rating and a 10 share, delivering 1.1 million Women 18-49 - outperforming CBS by 17% and NBC by 21% in actuals. In the Full lineup ABC Daytime is No. 1, with a 1.6 rating and a 10 share, delivering 1.1 million Women 18-49, outperforming CBS by 19% and NBC 19% in actuals.

Following are the Daytime drama and full Daytime ratings averages for the week:

DAYTIME DRAMAS: TOTAL VIEWERS WOMEN 18-49

No. 1 CBS 3,643,000 No. 1 ABC 1.7/11

No. 2 ABC 3,202,000 No. 2 NBC 1.3/8

No. 3 NBC 2,366,000 No. 2 CBS 1.2/8

• Members

I could be wrong, but I don't think ABC's release does Live+SD, so the SON/Lsk numbers will probably be slightly different (for 18-49, in total viewers), but again it's better than nothing...

Compared to last week's ABC Press Release

2.(1) GH 1.8/11 (-.2)

3.(3) OLTL 1.6/10 (SAME)

4.(5) AMC 1.5/09 (+.1)

Total Viewers

CBS +53,000

ABC +40,000

NBC +41,000

That tells me that GH did not get a 2.4, because the only way GH could get a 2.4 and ABC be up 40,000 is if AMC/OLTL more than made up for a significant -.3 fall (which I doubt they did plus those mystery-ratings only show +.1 gain for OLTL/AMC combined).

• Members

I disagree. And I would have agreed with your OLTL assessment a month ago. There's something different in the air, maybe it was David and Dorian, maybe Todd's return, maybe a decent Sarah recast. Maybe it's an end to Dena's reign of terror? (that's more evident this week)

Conversely, I find AMC to be unwatchable. And as far as beaten to death goes, I think Steve Burton and Maurice Benard's mob story lite get that prize, or should have gotten it 6 years ago.

Don't get me wrong. OLTL has a loooong way to go, but it's the only ABCD show I still watch.

Archived