NBC: Entertainment Chief Kevin Reilly Fired?

Rudolpho Meradi

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I like Kevin Reilly and he's brought some great shows to NBC: 30 Rock, FNL, The Office, My Name Is Earl and Heroes.

And he fought for those shows to stay on air even though they had low ratings. I respect him a lot.

• Members

Didn't he just sign a multi year contract in March?

I hope this is true? Reilly has run NBC into the ground during the last 3 years. Does he really expect success with the new fall lineup?

• Members

If I had to choose between either Reilly or Zucker...i would have taken Reilly in a heartbeat.

At least he sorta showed that he gave a little bit of a sh*t about NBC Daytime..unlike Zucker!

But overall, Reilly has done a sh*tty job at NBC so this is a good move for them!

• Administrator

I can see why people say Reilly's done a bad job at NBC - they're just looking at ratings.

I think Reilly's done a fantastic job when it comes to putting out great shows.

Stealing quotes from posters at Pifeedback:

- "What he didn't give NBC in ratings, he gave them in class."

- "Back in the day, NBC recovered under Tartikoff and Tonker. It recovered with quality programming which got a chance to find its audience."

I feel the same way. :(

Ben Silverman's an EP of The Office, so I hope he likes 30 Rock and MNIE too. All 3 are smart, non laugh track shows, single camera shows.

I pray to god he likes Friday Night Lights too.

• Members

I'm glad NBC is making some changes. Hopefully, it will result in more quality programming. NBC went from being the #1 network in 2004 to the #4 network the last two years. It's hurting.

• Administrator

That's what happens when Zucker didn't develop anything good when he knew Friends and Frasier was going off the air. It wasn't Kevin Reilly's fault he came into a bad situation. Reilly was slowly turning the network around in terms of adding quality shows. Reilly also help develop The Shield and Nip/Tuck when he was at F/X.

In Reilly's first year, he fought keep The Office on the air.

In Reilly's second year, he fought to get My Name Is Earl on the air and Deal or No Deal.

In Reilly's third year, he put Heroes on the air.

Like Stephen McPherson said, you can only ask to have one hit show a year.

Reilly was a scapegoat. It's a shame.

What scares be about Ben Silverman is that he is/has been involved with a lot of reality shows. Hopefully he'll bring more shows like The Office and Ugly Betty (He's an EP on both shows) and less reality shows.

Archived