DAYS: 04/30

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Today was a great episode! Finally, things are picking up and they have been for a little over a week now.

Kate not only found EJ's business card, but possibly overheard Celeste talking to EJ on her cell. That is 2 actual cliffhangers in a row. I don't mind Kate goign off on Sami, but Kate knows Sami is always hiding something. Although this time it was to save Lucas, Sami is still hiding something. I just hope Kate actually thanks Sami this time around for saving her son's life. Maybe then the Kate/Sami angle can change because I am tired of the same Sami/Kate war. After all this is over I just wish Lucas would end up doing something wrong to break them apart.

My favorite scenes were with Celeste/EJ. Tanya Boyd males me want to watch her every move, so I am glad she is being heavily featured. I don't blame Celeste at all for ding what she had to do to find out where EJ is hiding her daughter. Celeste has always been about Lexie and Theo. Like Keith and others have mentioned the one thing I don't like is that Stefano wouldn't have EJ to harm Lexie, so hopefully this part will be explained later on in the story.

I am glad Hope went to Willow, she is looking out for her grandchilds future, how is that being a rich bitch? I don't really enjoy Annie B. either, but I must admit her and KA play well off each other. I am going free again, so I wonder how this SL will play out.

I am tired of the island SL, but at least Phillip being there makes it somewhat enjoyable.

Judi Evans looked awesome in the previews for tomorrow's show. Her going brunette really works for her, I am glad Judi will be back on my screen. I don't mind Stephanie calling Steve Papa, but she says it every other sentence, who in real life does that? And that's why I get so annoyed at Stephanie saying papa because she says it 10 to 15 times an episode.

• Members

How is Hope a 'rich bitch' when she's looking out for her kid? Look at the facts. As far as Hope is concerned, this is her grandchild. And, as far as she's concerned, it's mother is a pyro, a former prostitute, greedy, and irresponsible as all get-out. Wouldn't you, in Hope's shoes, want to get your grandkid out of there at ANY cost?

• Members

What do you mean poor Willow!? She has done nothing but caused troble for Bope and Shawn. She not only lied in court to help Phillip's case, but she burned down Shawn's apt and Bope's house, but she is the poor girl in this situation. How is that JSF? Hope is just looking out for her grandchild's future.

• Members

very enjoyable show today and a great way to start the week..First off it was so refreshing seeing Celeste and EJ actually working together...it makes so much sense that she would do this to protect/find her daughter...And the end with Kate seeing them conspiring together was very shocking...Kate knows that Celeste/EJ are working together, and she overheard Celeste blatantly lie to Sami over the phone about seeing EJ...I'm really curious where this is all going..

My second favorite scene was Kate interrogating Sami in the hospital room..Awesome dialouge...loved Sami calling Kate a bitch, and calling her a loser who has nothing better to do than to meddle in her kids lives...I really hope when Kate finds out the truth, she will finally stop meddling in Lucas' life and just let him be with Sami..

Phillip on the island has made the story more interesting, but i'm over Duck and Gabby...So i'm hoping this is wrapped up in the coming weeks..I want shawn, belle, phillip and claire back in Salem..

Nice seeing Maggie today, SR looked gorgeous...and i was happy to get a Hope and Maggie scene..

• Members

Good to see everyone is happy about Days. This is definitely feeling like sweeps and you can tell the stories we have been seeing are being amped up and are beginning to wind down to move the new ones into place.

Celeste/EJ is something I and other called weeks ago but the reveal was good. It makes perfect sense for Celeste to help EJ for her daughter's sake. Everything she does is for Lexie and Theo and Celeste was very much the Celeste of old today. Very fiery. I liked how she told EJ that Stefano would never endanger his own child. I look forward to getting into this more, especially why Stefano would approve of EJ holding Lexie somewhere. Unless Stefano doesn't know...hmm. It's a huge given we will be seeing Lexie at some point.

The Sami/Kate faceoff scenes in the hospital were great. Great acting and dialogue. Loved Sami calling her out on her meddling. The way Kate put everything together was clever and that ending was a complete surprise with a classic fadeout. Good work on that Days.

Hope/Willow was the next good thing. These two work well together and this is when I see shades of improvement in Annie Burgstede. She carries herself well with KA and I like this story with Hope and Bo wanting to take the child in and raise it. It really is a situation where you can see both sides. Good stuff. Nice to see Maggie too and her scene with Hope was wonderful. We need more family scenes like we have been getting the past week. Keep them coming.

The island story is boring but Philip being there added some interest. I like how Philip exploited his military history to get on Duck's good side. I like Duck but I am sick of Gabby. I like Bisco but blah. I am happy that it seems we are getting somewhere here with Philip there. Liked the slap and Belle/Philip faceoff scenes.

Great show. April gradually improved until last week when the show broke out and this was a fantastic show for a Monday. Hogan is back and Days please keep it up!! :D

• Members

I have to say I did not see the Celeste/EJ thing coming but she was doing it to find out where Lexie is so I can fault her to much. Normally very few soaps get me with a twist anymore because some always leaks it or it so obvious.

• Members

I'm not saying Willow was "right" for what she did, so to speak; I'm saying that Hope's actions SMACK of classism. Hence, the rich bitch accusation. Willow is poor; Hope is LORDING money over her, and now, court proceedings. Ergo, the rich bitch.

• Members

I take sides with the group of you who feel Hope is doing the right thing! Willow's child deserves a warm, nurturing, caring envirnoment to grow up in, and Hope and Bo can provide that a lot better than Willow can at this time, IMO. If Willow were wise, she would sign over parental rights to Bo and Hope, and thereby according to what Hope said, still be able to visit her baby. In court, theres no way she can morally win, in which she will never see her child again. But, knowing Willow she will pull some stunt and get her way, like what happened with Shawn. The saddest part is, I think Willow genuinely cares for Nick and isn't really using him, and he has similiar feelings. Down the road, there may become a point in time where Nick actually comes to believe that Willow is innocent of the crimes she's being accused for.

Celeste is not evil for what she did! She's doing whatever it takes to protect Lexie, and given that Sami is the one that got Lexie into that mess in the first place, I feel no sympathy for Sami. Two wrongs certainly don't make a right, but in this case, I support Celeste considering what has taken place in the past.

The nice thing is, as opposed to just accusing Sami, Kate is actually putting the pieces of the puzzle together. She usually does, but with someone else's aid. However, she is definitely jeporadizing the life of her unborn grandson.

• Members

Comments on today's episode...

Jay Johnson (still) sucks, but I loved the island scenes today. Finally, things are happening. Belle throwing the drink in Phillip's face was hysterical (as was Jay Johnson trying to pretend it burned... bad actor), but that slap was weeeeaaakkk! Meanwhile, Gabby (is it Gabby or Gabi?) is growing on me, and Joy Bisco isn't as annoying in this role as she was on PC. I love the way they have her hair.

Kristian Alfonso looked GORGEOUS today. I'm not sure if it was the hair, the makeup, or the natural glow, but she was positively breathtaking! As for Hope, I wouldn't threaten Willow too much where the baby is concerned. That girl is so unstable, I wouldn't put it past her to shove a knife in her belly just to be rid of the baby issue.

Celeste/EJ were fierce! I loved her line about wanting to roast marshmellows over his flaming corpse, and the comparison to Stefano and how much he falls short in comparison... seems she struck a nerve with him. And what a bastard, manhandling Celeste the way he did, wrapping his hand around her throat. WTF?!

I was so happy to see a continuation of where we left off at Chez Rouge with Sami opening the stall door and seeing EJ inside. So often, we're ripped off and never get to see the immediate continuation, but we got that today. Thanks to Hogan for that!

Kate/Sami scenes were great in the hospital room. Kate was hitting nerve after nerve with Sami, but for once, they weren't just bickering for the sake of bickering. This time, Kate really is unravelling Sami's secret... it's only a matter of time. Meanwhile, Sami, DYE YOUR GODDAMN HAIR BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL COLOR! Platinum is so NOT you!

MAGGIE! Always nice to see her, of course. On Willow Stark: "Seeing her can put anybody in a bad mood." So true! LoL

Kate opening the door and eavesdropping on Celeste's phonecall at the end was quite the surprise. I wasn't expecting that! I'm not sure she'll actually hear enough dirt to make a difference, but it was fun nonetheless.

This is the first time I've really enjoyed an episode of Days in, well, quite a few weeks.

• Members

okay well...

1) Celete is a evil bitch! and i LOVE it!! and TB is amazing at it. Now sami needs to pop that kid out so we can get a sami vs celete down n dirty girlfight!!

2) Philip so deserves claire. he IS her fathe in every way that matters. Now i would normally say he belle & shawn should split cust... but what they did was wrong. and finnaly Duck said something right - when phil over defending the coutnry shawn and belle decided he didnt deserve the child that he has raised since birth. such bullshit. but somehow BB has made me ♥ shawn!!

3) Maggie!!! EEEKKKKK!!!! its always good when shes on.

4) Alison Sweeney rocks days. we all know it. she proved it once again today.

5) okay, ssly? time for Dee Hall to be on Days all the time again. i miss Marlena!!

i really liked todays Days for the first time... in a long time.

• Members

At this point, I don't think anyone of the generation deserves Claire. I say award custody to Maggie, Doug and Julie... someone who has their head on straight, not one of three young people who need all the help they can get. Marine Philip may be, but he's taken things way too far. They're right when it comes to his motives for his last tour of duty. he was running. Nothing honorable in that. And now, that tour's ended, and he's ready to play daddy? He's unstable at best. Or Kenny's right and Jay is just THAT bad. Either way, Shawn and Belle are NO better. They're hardly unfit parents, at least to the extent that Philip would have the legals believe, but they need hold of their own life, which they were well on their way to doing, with help from their parents, until Philip and Victor decided to pull this stunt. So, really, who's the worser here? I'd say team K. But you can't change what has happened, and as it currently stands, neither team is fit for a child, IMO.

• Members

I have a theory that Claire's life will be life-altering event in the Shelle/Phillip storyline. All of the arguing and deceit between the two parties over Claire will end when something happens to her, like she gets sick again and doesn't make it. As much as I'd hate to see another child killed off, it would be interesting to watch.

Archived