The Cocktail Lounge

Scotty

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sorry Soapsuds. i got distracted (phone ringing) before I could finish.

Just give us a name, any name, make one up. We'll listen and throw darts at your dartboard.

Nothing personal intended.

• Members

Thanks for asking. They are going ok, but I will be so glad when next weekend gets here. They are all 3 English classes. I took both Intermediate Composition and Grammar in person, and Advanced Composition online. The classes began June 6th and end July 6th. I got a B in the Grammar class, but I am still working on stuff to turn in for the other two. I'm hopeful they will be As or Bs.

It's been a rough month...I don't think it would have been as bad if one or two of the classes had been in another subject, but threee English classes at one time is way too much.

• Members

I did two post grad courses during last year's summer semester. I can't imagine doing three. One of my courses was three hours a day, 5 days a week, in the afternoon. It would have normally been offered over the Fall and Spring in two sections. It was pure hell. The summer semester is so short. No time to think, really.

The other was an independent study so I could drag it out to August when my advisor came back.

You appear to have done quite well. All that composition and grammar experience will serve you well. Now you know which rules to break in order to cultivate your own style.

And don't ever take summer courses again!

• Members

I don't know about me doing quite well....everything I've learned these past few weeks looks like a big blur now. But, that's what I get for choosing English as my second content area. I'm working to become a middle grades teacher, and I chose Social Studies as my main area. I had to choose a back up, and Math (C student) and Science (not much better) were out of the question, so I had to choose English. But I really hope to teach Social Studies.

I had to got two days a week (Mondays and Wednesday). The classes were scheduled for 4 hours each meeting, but thankfully both teachers let us out a little early. One started at 7:30 am, and the other at 4:15 pm. The online course has been pure hell. She has stuff for us to do every single day of June and the first week of July. I have been writing papers like crazy for both composition classes, as well as writing journal articles. Thankfully, the two face-to-face classes I had are over. Both teachers made last Wednesday the final day of the class instead of this coming Monday because they said that most people would likely be out of town on vacations. In the online class, however, she has stuff for us to do all the way up until this coming Friday. She is a nutjob though.

I agree...summer classes suck. This was the first, and hopefully the last time I ever take them.

• Members

I've been off and on the board for a few weeks... With working other folks hours at the newspaper, I am catching up on sleep now this week-end..I am soo glad that I can go back to my hours.

Glad payday is the following week so I can order my concert tickets to several show locations this fall.

Archived