Daytime Emmy Nominations: Discussion

Josh

• Members

See I disagree here. Because loudmouth Zimmer had to say she was dropping out and allow other actresses from GL go for that Lead, and that's what Chappell did. A gutsy move, but I can't fault CC for throwing her hat in with the big sharks.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

IA on the first four. Susan Flannery did nothing to warrant an emmy nomination IMHO. Kather Kelly Lang had her beat with her father coming back story too. As for Trevor St. John, although he is a bit over the top and I dislike his version of Todd....he did do a decent job during the execution stuff.

• Members

Yay, no AMC or GH!!!! As someone else said, this was AMC's worst year ever so it's a relief they didn't get the Series nom. I hope they were shut out of Writing and Directing too (when will the rest of the nominations be available?).

I'm glad to see Kim Zimmer made the cut since imo she easily gave the best performance last year.

I'm disappointed that neither Michael E Knight or Robert Newman made it.

I don't watch either show regularly, but am I the only one who thought ATWT should have gotten the nom over OLTL?

• Members

Both Jeanne Cooper and Michelle Stafford are huge WTFs?

Stafford should be in supporting as should Cooper and Chappel.

I'm also not that big of a fan of Christian LeBlanc. I like him but I think he's a tad overrated and should also be supporting.

I'm indifferent to Zimmer. I'm not surprised and she'll likely win again.

Alfonso was robbed of a nod as was, IMO, Kassie DePaiva.

Any ideas on younger? And did they announce supporting? I totally missed it if they did?

I also hate the Daytime Emmy Nominee announcements ... the actors are so out of it and do a REALLY bad job announcing, and it just seems so rushed and they don't even hit on some nominations ...

• Members

This year is pretty different, no? A few surprises here and there. Honestly, I wish Juliet Mills had more material to get in, because IMHO what she does on PSNS isn't an easy task.

In the end it all comes down to flashy performances. The fact that Colleen Zink Pinter and Robert Newman were left off the pre-noms is/was dispicable. Because these two are underrated gems, without the the theatrics of some of their co-stars.

I know the tomatoes are going to come flying but.......I don't think that Peter Reckell or Kristian Alfonso deserved an in, just because they were in big stories. They were just OK. Both did better jobs in the baby switch story, that's where they were truly robbed.

• Members

Welcome to a DAYS fan's world.

I'm very upset right now. I never go into the Emmys expecting a DAYS nod. I haven't done so for the past couple of years, just because I wasn't getting my hopes up for nothing. That changed this year. I just knew, just knew that Kristian Alfonso's name would be called, and the fact that it wasn't really pisses me off. And I know some will probably think that DAYS fans shouldn't be surprised, but literally, I am. For the last couple of years, I knew the Lead Actress category was a joke on DAYS. For some reason, they always place Alison Sweeney in this category, and she's never going to get past pre-noms, at least for the next 5 years, so I don't know why they continue to put her there. Sure, she leads the show every year, but her ability is nowhere near the level of the other actresses she has to compete with.

Poor Kristian... :( It's a sad day in Salem.

• Members

I don't see TSJ as a snub. He wasn't all that good in the execution stuff, especially if you know anything at all about the character of Todd.

KDP didn't have a great year last year.

MEK not being nominated is a snub. He did have some powerful stuff.

• Members

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

MAURA WEST?!? MICHAEL PARK!?!!?!

CAN I get a YAYYYYYYY!!!!!

Exactly. I was saying yesterday how I love it when they're on The View because you get a full slate of noms and Carolyn Hinsey's comments (at least we did last year). But it is safe to say that we won't EVER see an extra hour of The Early Show. SO Lame. And who the F cares about their damn trip to Hong Kong? :blink:

I just hope Maura submitted THAT tape (the one where she dons the wedding dress). It could be her year D.R. As for Jeanne, Meh. OLTL Meh.

I knew this morning that of the three I MOST wanted (Maura, NLG, Kristian), only 1 would be nominated. And while I LOVE NLG first, I don't feel guilty for hoping the 1 would be Maura....

arms.gifarms.gifarms.gif

AMEN AMEN AMEN!!! Crystal deserves every bit of her nomination. Kim, on the other hand, comes off like a total hypocrite...................You know what a HYPOCRITE is, right Kim? It's someone who SAYS one thing and DOES another..............................

ANYHOW - YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! NO GH !!!!!

AND MAURA WEST & MICHAEL PARK in '07!!!!!!!!!

Archived