Daytime Emmy Nominations: Discussion

Josh

• Members

I didn't say NBC doesn't have good actors...

GL is FULL of theatrics IMHO, so I bet that Kristian Alfonso would have been praised if she turned that in on GL. But I've also stated that I was thrilled that the constantly praised Susan Flannery was dismissed this year...

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Still cannot believe the slew of nods for OLTL. I was sure my show would be snubbed, so I didn't even watch the presentation of the nominees.

CONGRATS to OLTL for getting an Outstanding Drama Series nod!!!!!!

I am ENRAGED beyond belief that Kristian Alfonso and Kassie DePaiva were not nominated.

I CANNOT comprehend how AMC gets a nod for Set Decoration.

ETA: I just realized OL has two nominees in Supporting Actress! I am so proud of REG (I didn't see her name the first time), but can't help feeling bad that she made it in, while Trevor and Kassie were overlooked. Trevor, granted, was a bit hammy, but Kassie did some very subtle work.

Very pleased overall for Heather, Dan, Renee, the directors, the show, and several technical nods.

It's hard to understand how NBC can simply be shut out time and again just for being NBC. Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell deserved nominations, and something just isn't right, plain and simple.

• Members

WORD about Thorsten Kaye. So overrated!

Anyway, I like Maura West. In fact, I like all of the actresses nominated for Lead Actress. I'm not denying their talents, not in the least. Maura is fierce!

...I just feel that Kristian deserves it, too. Her work during "Zach's Death" surpassed everything I've seen Jeanne Cooper do this year. She was supporting, anyway, regardless of a lucky tape. Same for Michelle Stafford.

• Members

Alfonso's acting is very one note with those generic tears and no substance. Her performance had no depth or substance so regardless of the network she wasn't getting nominated. This has to be the most overrated actress ever! She even sucked in primetime (CBS) on Falcon Crest. And on Melrose Place. The woman is not all that.

BTW, I do believe NBC has no one to blame but themselves. THey don't care about the Emmys, so of course the Emmys don't care about them. THEY decided to have a two soap lineup, to allow their soaps to suck, not promote their actors or try and help them get nominations.

• Members

Maurice Bernard should have been nominated this year hands down. He fought hard to get his breakdown storyline and when he finally gets it, acts his ass off, he's not rewarded with a pre-nom. I love Burton, thought he had a great year, so I could have submitted him too. Tony is great, but I'm sick of him not being around all year and getting a nomination. It's unfair. But hey....he wins. I don't think he'll get it this year though. Bergman is a lock.

• Members

Glad to see Maura West, Michael Park and Van Hansis get nominated. They made ATWT watchable this year. Congrats to them.

Surprised Jesse Soffer got nominated. He is good but didnt have a real storyline. And Jennifer Landon again. I liked her work when she won last year. This year her scenes seem more over the top. And Chando nominated? :blink: Chando seems to be a nice girl but her acting annoye me. I dont see it as best.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 14 2007, 11:13 AM)
Alfonso's acting is very one note with those generic tears and no substance. Her performance had no depth or substance so regardless of the network she wasn't getting nominated. This has to be the most overrated actress ever! She even sucked in primetime (CBS) on Falcon Crest. And on Melrose Place. The woman is not all that.

:rolleyes:

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 14 2007, 10:13 AM)

I don't think that Kristian is all that, either. She's a good actress, but she's not always great. I've seen her in many stories where I thought she should've kicked it up a notch and she didn't. I love Hope, though. But Kristian's not the best actress ever, by far.

However, I do think that she knocked it out of the ballpark last year. Of course, that's JMO, and she didn't get the nomination anyway... as expected... so there's nothing really to discuss, LoL.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 14 2007, 10:13 AM)

That's your opinion. 10 People can watch a scene and we'll probably have 10 different opinions. Kristian is a great actress. She's not over the top and she has TONS of depth and substance. She's underrated if you ask me.

I love you Chris, I really do. But I really find it hard to see your opinion on someone who "sucks".....you like LaToya Jackson. :)

<ducks>

Archived