Daytime Emmy Nominations: Discussion

Josh

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Uuuuuhhhh WTF? Want to talk major snub, ask BETH CHAMBERLAIN? What the hell must this woman DO?!?!?!?!

REBECCA HERBST? Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

IMO Genie Francis is just as bad as Jeanne Cooper.

GO LESLI KAY AND HEATHER TOM!

GREG RIKAART? AGAIN?

I'm cheering on Kristoff St. John.

• Members

I knew it!!

Stevenson had the best shot for NBC and he got in. He was the token nod. I like him but why couldn't they at least give it to Melvin from Days?

The rest are much better then the lead categories. Happy for Heather Tom and Dan Gautheir. Major WTF"s are Herbst, Goldsberry, and Rikarrt. I lover Rikarrt but he did nothing last year and either did Herbst.

As for the young categories, Chando should not be there and is WTF and McClure and Soffer would not be good choices either but those categories always have actors like that.

Well...one less thing for me to watch. This is already setup to be the worst emmy's ever.

• Members

Congrats to ATWT and GL!!

Other ATWT nominations (16 total second only to GL's 17):

Outstanding Achievement in Live & Direct To Tape Sound Mixing For A Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction/Set Decoration/Scenic Design for a Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement for a Casting Director For A Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Costume Design For A Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Hairstyling For A Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction For A Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Makeup For A Drama Series

Outstanding Achievement in Technical Direction/Electronic Camera/Video Control For A Drama Series

• Members

These nominations are attrocious. An all CBS block for outstanding lead actress? Bullshit.

I love Jeane Cooper & Crystal Chappell, but they were NOT leads in 2006. They were supporting and should have been placed there. The fact that so many others were snubbed is just complete bullshit. Nancy Lee Grahn should have been nominated. Plain and simple. Some of her best work was done in 2006.

Lead actor is a complete joke too.

Thank god the supporting categories appear to be more fair, but even that is still bullshit.

You wanna know why the daytime emmy's ratings are so damn low???? Because you [!@#$%^&*] exclude an entire network that's why! NBC fans aren't gonna watch a show where their favorite actors and shows get snubbed year after year, after year. There could be an additional 3 million viewers watching the Emmy's, but no........

GH not getting for Outstanding Drama is bullshit. They had a great year in 2006. A consistently great year. OLTL has what.....Todd's execution storyline and they get it? Whatever. Y&R deserves it's nom, but.......

Oh I can't wait until the radio show tonight. Total Emmy bitchfest!!!

I for one know I will not be watching CBS win every damn thing during the Emmy's. I will be reading a book.

• Members

They honestly mean to tell us that there wasn't a single actor or actress on Days who turned in an Emmy-worthy performance throughout the entire year? Not one episode had one great episode? NOT ONE?

I don't think so. This is flawed, but we knew that.

Congrats to the nominees who deserved it!

Archived