Daytime Emmy Nominations: Discussion

Josh

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They never do on The Early Show, GMA, or the Today Show. Only The View has ever done the extra categories, historically. Every once in a while we'll get Younger. But NEVER Supporting..... It's always Talk Show or Game Show nominees announced.

Meh. Maybe if he didn't ruin the character of Todd Manning I'd care. But I don't. Michael Park & Peter Bergman deserved their spots. So did Geary. Yeah you could argue about LeBlanc & Goldin, but if you REALLY want to know who got snubbed in Lead Actor, look at poor Michael E. Knight and Peter Reckell.

• Members

The nominations are all subjective. A group of actors watched a tape of their fellow actors and voted. It's not just a CBS bias, although perhaps more CBS actors showed up to vote (if so, not their fault). And I think it's an unwarranted slam to say they are not professional and objective in this process.

I don't believe the awards have to be equally balanced among soaps. You don't see the crap shows of prime time getting nominated for an Emmy just because they are on the air. OLTL's nomination for Best Show shows that they actually watched the tapes and voted on what they saw versus nominating the same old people by default.

Of course, I'm a CBS fan. :)

• Members

WOOHOO! GENERAL HOSPITAL DIDN'T GET BEST DRAMA!!! WOOHOO! But OLTL? That is a bit of a shock, but they picked a good tape! GH lost for Luke and Laura's first wedding (which was great), so why submit that crappy rehash as their only shot? Idiots!

Jeanne Cooper DOES NOT deserve Lead Actress this year. Love her but she DID NOTHING by her own admission! I think Kristian Alfonso sucks and wasn't robbed, but hell Natalia Livingson would deserve it over her. I'm rooting for Maura West!

Lead Actor is actually very decent to me. Glad to see Michael Park (over Grayson McCouch), he's very underrated. Peter Bergman has this on lock and thats a fact!

Y&R took a MAJOR risk submitting Who Killed Carmen as their episode, but I guess it does work as a stand alone episode. Most people who aren't hardcore fans love Latham's writing so this will be an easy win. She does good stand alone episodes. B&B obviously got by with Bette Davis.

BTW, where I live the nods still haven't been announced. We're seeing Hong Kong Highlights. How did yall get them earlier? I live in San Antonio, Texas in the central time zone. I thought this show was live!

• Members

It's hard to criticize when all 9 soaps were a clusterfukc in '06

If it's something involving Lesli Kay story's then they B&B can/should get it. If it's something involving the ludicrous Anne Douglas story, then it will be because of Betty White.

General Hospital was robbed, but I guess in a way...

• Members

WHAT THE HELL!?

NO NLG, MEK!

NO PETER AND KRISTIAN?!

F**k YOU EMMYS!! NO ONE WANTS TO WATCH THE CBS DAYTIME AWARDS!!

Seriously, what the hell did Jeanne Cooper and Michelle Stafford do last year? Thinking...thinking....on yeah. NOTHING!! Jeannie's story didn't even start until this year. Susan Flannery off the list is stunning and B&B over GH. This is one year where I feel GH should've been nominated. I knew they were screwed when they submitted the wedding. Y&R submitted that special episode focused on Carmen's murder and I was crap and they got in.

THIS IS THE WORST NODS EVER and we only saw three of them. What is up with that? Couldn't they bother to at least give us supporting?

You know I am mad about Peter and Kristian but there were a ton of snubs. A ton. It's ok to have a few byt the Emmy's always leave a ton out and that alone makes them a joke. I am happy for Park and West from ATWT. They deserved it. As did Tony Geary. The rest was one big mess. Zimmer should've stuck to her words or never opened her mouth. All my support of her went out the window with that statement last year and I would've send a message to her by not nominating her because of that. Chappell I love but she is supporting.

UGH...I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PISSED OFF!! :angry:

• Members

I'm in the GoldDerby chatroom, and this was posted...

YOUNGER ACTOR:

Van Hansis

Jesse Soffer

Tom Pelphrey

James Stevenson

Bryton McClure

YOUNGER ACTRESS:

Leven Rambin

Jennifer Landon

Alexandra Chando

Julie Berman

Stephanie Gatschet