Daytime Emmy Nominations: Discussion

Josh

• Members

This is sickening. Year after year, NBC is snubbed in the major categories. It's bullshit and a complete bias against NBC. But I also fault NBC. Maybe if they didn't cancel all of their damn soaps, they'd have a better chance of getting nominations.

Can you imagine if only ABC lead a category in nominations? The world would come to an end. CBS fans would cry favortism and blah blah blah. This is bullshit.

Good actors are being snubbed. People who DON'T deserve nominations are getting them.......

NBC again is hated on for having great actors who would win the categories they were nominated in......

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think that there should be a limit to how many nominations any show can receive within one category. I mean, if it's the best of the best, then it deserves to get the most glory.

However, everyone knows that the nominations aren't chosen by quality. It's political. It's about numbers. CBS has four soaps, ABC has three, and NBC has two. CBS and ABC have the most voters. They're not going to vote for another network... and so in the end, it all comes down to numbers and politics. It's not fair in the least, but that's the way it is. I don't expect this pathetic awards show to air on television for much longer, anyway. This will probably be the final year.

• Members

But who does NBC have? I don't get it. The writing and acting are uneven. The only DAYS actor I can see in was Renee Jones and she is gone. As for PSNS, they have some great actors, but they don't get to do squat. Like I said, Juliet Mills constantly does the impossible on NBCD.

• Members

The nominations aren't bad to me overall. I'm not surprised it's CBS heavy considering how bad ABC was this year. OLTL and AMC were a total disaster and OLTL is very lucky to have that Best Drama nod. Lord knows they didn't deserve it. I hope this doesn't save Dena's job! GH improved (in some peoples minds), but I just don't see it. There is more balance yes, but the stories aren't compelling to me. I thought the latest sweeps stunt was so boring but most people loved it. Who knows...

Supporting Actress needs to go to Lesli Kay so Brad Bell doesn't fire her. Seriously, if she doesn't win she's gone. It's clear the show had no intention of keeping her but were forced by fan support.

• Members

Even with politics aside, I still think that CBS/ABC trump NBC. Most of the acting done on NBC (and yes it happens on the other two) is over the top melodramatics. Y'know the stuff that makes a mockery out of daytime. And of course we had Reilly to blame for some of that. The simple fact, or atleast IMHO, is that even if the noms were restructured on a year's worth...I still don't see NBC nods.

• Members

...in your opinion.

Days is full of talented actors and actresses. Kristian Alfonso TORE. IT. UP. this year. Peter Reckell was great, as well.

I wasn't expecting anything. And even if I was, I wouldn't have expected a full sweep. Kristian was the only one I was really holding out hope for, along with Martha Madison, Peter Reckell and maybe Rachel Melvin. They ARE talented actors and actresses and they HAVE turned in great performances, and they've been given the material, as well.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Mar 14 2007, 10:57 AM)
The nominations aren't bad to me overall. I'm not surprised it's CBS heavy considering how bad ABC was this year. OLTL and AMC were a total disaster and OLTL is very lucky to have that Best Drama nod. Lord knows they didn't deserve it. I hope this doesn't save Dena's job! GH improved (in some peoples minds), but I just don't see it. There is more balance yes, but the stories aren't compelling to me. I thought the latest sweeps stunt was so boring but most people loved it. Who knows...

I disagree on both counts. GH did improve. And OLTL was overrated as being bad, when it was actually decent.

• Members

omg.. noo Nancy.. poor Jason! and maybe this will teach GH a lesson but OLTL as best drama.. nononononoo

well go Genie, Rick, Becky, Tony & Julie!

If freakin' Greg Vaughan was nominated he would've gotten one and the SPENCERS would've rocked the house!

• Members

Why is it, then, that as soon as Days actors turn up on other soaps, they're suddenly considered fantastic and great? If Kristian Alfonso had turned in the same EXACT performance on, say, Guiding Light that she turned in on Days, she would've been nominated. The association with NBC is what kills it, IMO.

I'm sorry that you feel as though NBC doesn't have any good actors. I completely disagree.

• Members

I think Juliet Mills and Suzanne Rogers (who gets nada) are the best actresses on NBCD. As for Kristian Alfonso...if you watch her performance and then watch someone like Maura West, you will see a VAST difference in terms of 'acting.' Of course that's just my opinion.

And thank GOD that awful Thorsten Kaye (ducks from Zendall fans) wasn't nominated.

• Members

Just because you "win" every year is not an excuse to not be nominated, especially for drama series.

If GH not getting a drama nomination or a writing nom (even though they got one of those) would lead to the departures of the hacks at GH, I'd be all for it. But it's just gonna make them work harder next year to get one.

As far as NBC goes....they have tons of great actors who are blackballed for no damn reason.

The Emmy process needs to be redone. There needs to be a select panel each year (even if it as actors) that decides the nominations. And it's an equal amount from all three networks so none are discriminated.

Archived