Oprah!

LumiLove

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think Oprah is racist, but she does put her foot in her mouth at times by saying things.....While what she said below in a recent Newsweek interview is true somewhat, it's kind of ironic coming from one of the richest people who recently admitted on air that she hadn't pumped her own gas since the 80's...... :blink:

• Members

I heard about that today on the radio and I think she's just frustrated. She is this public figure with alot of money and she puts herself out there to help. She's had alot of bad experiences with going out to help kids with their education and all they seem to care about is when am I gonna get an Xbox or iPod? Whats' it like to talk to Beyonce and Jay-Z. To her, they are coming across as ungrateful and arent appreciating the oppurtunity presented in front of them. Whereas with children in developing countries seem to have more of a hunger and appreciation for the value of education. The mentality is different . Its her money and she can do without as she pleases. She cant please or help everyone, but at least she is doing something unselfish and if she didnt put this school out there, then those children in Africa most likely would have been ignored. I say congratulations to Oprah

• Members

I live in the inner city I dont want a Ipod or 200 dollar shoes. I am very happy wearing Payless Shoe Source shoes. I would be very happy if she could pay for my College loans. Instead of her !@#$%ing that inner city kids what that crap.

All i want is to complete my college education.

• Members

I live in the inner city I dont want a Ipod or 200 dollar shoes. I am very happy wearing Payless Shoe Source shoes. I would be very happy if she could pay for my College loans. Instead of her !@#$%ing that inner city kids what that crap.

All i want is to complete my college education.

• Members

Oh I wasn't referring to you at all, just the thread in general. I just don't want to see yet another fight break out because whenever the issue of race gets brought up here, 90% of the time it doesn't go down smoothly. Yes, it is an issue that needs to be dealt with, but I'm tired of the fighting that goes along with it.

Archived