Days: Friday, December 29th

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must say 2006 went out with an enormous bang in Salem. It's not hard to see all the stories that will be propelled by the things that have happend in the last couple of days.

I can't wait. DH and AS will have nice juicy stories to sink their teeth into. SN and MBE will as well.

Kudos to James, for giving us such a great portrait of a sexy, cold-hearted villain.

The only blemish on my Days New Year will be James absence. Darn three weeks is going to be a long time!

• Members

This is going to be a topic of much debate, I think. Yes, Sami was given a choice but at the same time, what choice did she really have? The man she loves is trapped, freezing, possibly dying and EJ is her only link to getting help for him. So she was forced to choose to have sex with EJ to save Lucas. If Lucas's life wasn't on the line, she would not have had sex with EJ. So, technically, it was rape. And honestly, even if Sami had refused EJ, he maybe would have physically forced her. But the important thing I got from this brilliantly acted episode was that Sami WAS NOT a victim. She made the sacrifice to save her man and although her body was violated, her spirit was not. I admire her so much and hope that when Lucas finds out what she did that he acknowledges her courage and selflessness and doesn't blame her in any way. Having said all that, I will now be incredibly shallow and admit that EJ was SOOOOO hot today. He is so good at mixing pure evil with a sexy charm. Kristen had to have raised him; no way could Susan Banks have produced this man!

• Members

He did rape her, JSF. He violated her. She begrudgingly agreed, because he forced her hand. It was hardly a consensual situation. She didn't suddenly say, yes, EJ, take me! It wa sjust like when Jennifer slept with Colin to save Jack. Except, Sami made it clear to EJ that she wanted no part of any of it. Sami made the choice to save Lucas, yes, but that doesn't make it any less rape.

• Members

EJ did not hold a gun to Sami's head. He didnt throw her on the ground, cover her mouth and force himself onto her either. That's rape. Did he rape her emotionally? Maybe. But physically, Sami willingly had sex with EJ. She was doing it to save Lucas' life, but it was her choice. No rape there. EJ would never get thrown in jail for what he did to Sami.

• Members

This is from Wikipedia.....

Rape is the act of making someone partake involuntarily in sexual acts through violence, force, threat of injury, other duress, or where the victim is unable to decline due to the effects of drugs, and/or alcohol. Rape is committed by both male and female rapists against same sex and opposite sex adults or children. Rape is generally considered one of the most serious sex crimes.

• Members

I can't believe some people actually think what EJ did wasn't rape. Did you see the look of disgust on Sami's face when he started? She certainly didn't look like she was enjoying it. When someone does not want to have sex, it's rape. Too many people think in order for rape to be the "real thing", the victim has to be beaten up or have physical scars. Many rapists do not inflict physical injury during the act. If you were turned on by this, you need some serious counseling.

• Members

I'm sorry, but EJ had a gun. Whether he held it right up to her head or not, it doesn't matter. He had a gun, and told her that he wanted to have sex with her.

If a man walked up to you with a gun and told you that they wanted to have sex with you... it's RAPE. There doesn't have to be any physical fighting in order for it to be rape. They don't have to be beaten up. He had a gun in his hand! He threatened her life. Sami didn't only have sex with him to save Lucas -- she had sex with him to save her own life. It was rape.

Archived