Days: Friday, December 29th

• Members

Amazing action today.

EJ and Sami stirred up so many emotions. I am glad that the "rape" wasn't shown, and glad that the rumor of him doing this at gun point can now be put to rest. He did not have a gun pointing at her anytime during his proposition nor when they started and ended. The other times yes. James and Ali were wonderful. So many kudo's to both.

What was up with Lucas's hallucinations. THat was interesting to see. I thought, hey where is Kate she's in Canada. Then I saw her.

WTH was up with Benjy? Is he doing this against his better judgement? If so why would he go through with it, afraid of his father?

I don't know, but I am on the 3rd time watching the episode today.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lexie held her own against Roman today. He was trying to push her around and she's all like, "Aw, hell naw!" I'm glad the writers involved Lexie. It's going to be so sad to see Renee Jones leave :(

EJ and Sami sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It could have been a lot better. Too bad it has shades of rape, but I'll look past that "minor" detail. *laughs sadistically*

Lucas' hallucinations had me cracking up. It was nice to see Kate. We haven't seen her in a while. What was the point of her scene though? Sure, she was trashing Sami. That's classic Kate. But what was up with the shopping bag of shoes? I guess it's just reflecting Kate's materialistic personality. :lol:

I can't believe no one knew about Benjy's wife. I can't believe the show was able to keep this a secret. DAYS is definitely getting better with their spoilers. And they have a child? My God, there's so much intrigue into Benjy and Sonia Hawk. Wait, maybe Sonia's not even his wife. INTRIGUED!

• Members

AMAZING episode today! DAYS is on fire! I love it, although I thought yesterday's show was better.

Sami/EJ/Lucas: First of all, what was up with those hallucinations? Chris Gerse is an awful actor and he brings down the moment of an emotional scene. About EJ raping Sami, I'm glad they didn't show it. It was funny when he put on glasses and tilted his head on the door to make it look like he was sleeping. EJ certainly does get creepier and creepier by every episode. [We won't be seeing him until Jan. 18th] I actually really like this storyline.

John/Marlena: I liked how Marlena just popped out of nowhere and was at the hospital and by John's side. It's nice to see that she's not the one in a hospital bed. That line she said to Bo at the end of the show sent chills up my spine. I love fierce Marlena.

Abe/Lexie/Roman: I really like Lexie being involved in this whole John thing. You can tell Roman really wants to nail Wells. You can tell Lexie was really struggling to lie.

Bo/Hope/Patrick: It was nice when Hope delivered the baby and Bo was right there by her side. Then to top it off, Patrick actually told them that the baby's father is Bo. I didn't think it would be this soon, so that was a shock for me. What Patrick said to Bo at the end also gave me chills: "You should be afraid of EJ."

Steve/Kayla/Benji/Sonia: I don't think any of us even knew that Benji has a wife and a child! I was surprised. The ending with Benji handing Steve the tarot card was really intriguing, and with the music and all.

Really fantastic way to end 2006! Now let's bring on 2007!

DAYS is surely on a roll. :)

• Members

Where to begin? An amazingly good episode. I was a little stressed over the EJ/Sami scene because I had heard all kinds of rumors about it so I was very relieved that the "action" happened offscreen. It was rape, but I was afraid it would be violent and with Sami's past, I really didn't want her to have to go through that again. But somehow, even though she was a victim, she came off very strong and in control. As for EJ, I'm still loving him despite everything and just hope they don't write him so dark he can't stick around Salem for a long time. I'm really curious about what happened since we last saw "Little Elvis" to make him the DiMera he is now and hope they bring ED back soon so they can begin delving into that more. I think there's the potential for some great story there. But I really do feel guilty because I'm enjoying him so much!

Loved Bo and Hope and so glad they found out the baby is Bo's. Brody's acting was ho-hum again; evidently he only does well as a crazed psycho like Patrick was earlier this week. Glad to know he's gone very soon.

Marlena lashing out at Bo was a surprise but I can understand it. She's in shock and hysterical and only knows that John was shot because he was where Bo was supposed to be. She can't blame John because he's possibly dying; Bo is the logical one to be angry with. I'm not sure what to make of John's saying "killer" when looking at Steve. Was he trying to warn Steve he would be killed next and he's just not coherent enough to get that point across or is Steve the secret assassain EJ revealed to John? I'm leaning towards Roman being the assassain, though. I also don't think that after keeping the name a secret yesterday, that the writers would reveal the killer to us on today's show. I think this is a red herring.

Benjy--glad to see him back. I remember seeing a wedding ring on his hand during the hospital scene so knew he must have a wife, but I was surprised to see her today. And did I hear Kayla mention they have a son? More layers to this character, and I hope we see lots more of him. He seemed very conflicted today, and I'm obssessing about the meaning of the double kiss he gave Steve at the end. I think he's somehow being coerced into helping EJ. I love the shades of gray we're getting with this new generation of DiMeras. Even with EJ, I sometimes get the feeling he's got doubts about what he's doing. When he shot John, for a split second he looked almost remorseful.

I've decided this is a great time to go spoiler free, except for news of Kristen's return, which I'm hoping for soon. I think 2007 should be a great year for DAYS fans.

• Members

And, it is now official.

I now want to kill E.J. DiMera.

That was heartbreaking for Sami, and Alison did an excellent job with those scenes. She deserves and Emmy nod for just the last two episodes. Wonderful work. It also tells us how great of an actor James is. He just maybe the next big thing, and the execs at AMC should be whupping each other's asses for letting him go. E.J. has also done that before. You can tell. Having the DiMera name, who is going to try and stop him? He got turned on, wanting Sami to put up a fight so that he could enjoy it more. That is one sick bastard.

Marlena blaming Bo for what happened to John. Almost exactly like when she blamed him for Roman's "death". She was wonderful as well, and all Bo could do was stand there. She should be mad, and probably is, at John for going along with the plan, but how can she cuss him out when he's near death?

I do hope that Benji ends up being the good DiMera. Like Tony. If he was actually in on whatever plan they did to turn Steve into a killer.......

And Roman getting all high and mighty with Alexandra. It was her fault John got shot. Maybe if he was a better police officer, John wouldn't be lying near death.

Glad the Patrick/Hope story is finally over and done with. And it's a shame that Brody started really showing how good he was at the end of his run.

Next week should be great as well. Hogan now has everything set up exactly like he wants it, so it's nothing but the stars now for Days.

• Members

Marlena didn't know that. All the cop dude told her was that Bo left and John went instead. And have you ever reacted rational in a situation where your loved one's dying? She was pissed at John, but she can't exactly go off on him when he's dying from a gun shot wound.

• Members

And that's is exactly what I posted in my previous post. What the cop said was wrong, and I do see your point about reacting rationally, but I just feel that she should have asked Bo what happened if she was thinking clearly. She probably wasn't, having gotten the news that he has life threatening injuries.

I just hope that she tells him that she's sorry for the way she reacted when John is better, and she finds out that Bo had to leave because Hope was in danger. :)

• Members

Excellent ending for a year. I think Hogan and team can be very proud.

Bo and Hope with Patrick made such a sweet story. Patrick and Bo working together was a very unexpected treat/twist. Bo was willing to share feelings with him once he saw that Patrick was working in their behalf out of concern for Hope and the baby. Brody's last air date is January 3rd, so I wonder how he will exit the show now. That is very short time for a trial, etc. and saying goodbye. Hogan deserves credit also for giving Patrick redeeming grace as well as an excellent opportunity to show Brody's acting skills.

I personally think the shooting of John was sloppy, but today made up for that error. All the characters involved at the hospital made it seem more credible. High excitement for the end of the year.

It was good to see that Lucas is still alive and hanging in there. I wasn't particularly fond of his hallucinations, but at least it showed he was still with us.

Sami and EJ ruled the show. Two powerful performances in a powerful story. I bow down to Hogan and team for sparing us the sordid sex scenes. Seeing Sami's strong, determined, face was what I am happy to remember. Strange thing about Scott that I never noted before...when he put those spectacles on, he already looked so different, I'd not recognize him. Perfect face for deception.

• Members

Holy Mary Mother of God. Great episode. Not as good as Thursday's, but that is going to be VERY VERY VERY hard to beat!

Marlena screaming at Bo was awesome!

Benji/Steve/Steve myster is amazing!

EJ raping Sami? Crazy! Disturbing. And...amazing!

Lucas' hallucinations? Um, awesome!

John dying? Bring it on!

Lexie drama? YES!

So many good things right now. DAYS is on fire. ON FIRE!

Archived