December 18-22, 2006

R!ck

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm thrilled at all the positive Days posts!! There are days that I sit in awe of this show. Seriously. It's a shame that the show was in such a state that people were reluctant to give it another shot. It makes me sad that they (especially longtime fans) might have missed the FANTASTIC things we have gotten to see. The show is on fire right now, and I'm so happy they finally got a bump in the ratings!

• Members

Beyond their Bette White casting stunt I think B&B has been the same ole boring, tired crap it's been for years. I have more respect for a show like AMC which at least is trying new things (albeit all terrible ones) as opposed to B&B which does the same thing over and over again and barely tries most of the year. It can thank it's timeslot for what ratings it does have.

And I do think Y&R has been great the past two weeks and deserves the increase in ratings. I especially hope they go up for this weeks ratings with the awesome New Years Eve episode.

• Members

I agree that OLTL is pretty good at the moment. I still find any scene with John McBain or the Vega brothers unwatchable and I'm not crazy about all the storylines, but Viki, Clint, and Dorian have been on quite a bit lately and I'm enjoying Todd, Blair, Marty, Starr, and Cole. And is it me, or is Nathaniel Marsden doing an outstanding job lately? I wish the show revolved more around him than his boring brother

• Members

Well I love me some Todd and Blair so I can see why you wouldn't be interested there, LOL. And John and Natalie are definitely what are not interesting on the show now. Ditto for Rex and Adriana... they have been shoved down our throats lately. But otherwise, LOL....

• Members

I definitely HAVE to agree! At least 11 or 12 years since DAYS has been this good. Only because it seems like things are happening for a reason and there will be an aftermath, there will be progression, there will be a fall out, there will be an A-Z! FINALLY!! There's action, FOR A PURPOSE! Acting is 100%, everything is just brilliant!

Kristian Alfonso has been the highlight for me, she hasn't been melodramatic but it has been dramatic enough. Hutzler handled it well too (Surprisingly!) When he switched to being a stupid kidnapper to a worried "Father" was awesome and every character being involved. Definitely a NICE Christmas gift!!

But I don't think ratings reflect it or will. Ratings are fickle and sometimes hardly represent what the show is all about and I could care less either, DAYS is must see baby!

• Members

I'm glad for DAYS. They needed that little boost. December was excellent. We had a lot of story movement and quite a bit of romance. The show desperately needed a writer who actually sat down and looked at characters and stories and realized everything needed an overhaul. I shudder to think where DAYS would be in the ratings if JER was still writing, and what would be on the screen.

• Members

I think it continues to get AMC refugees, too. A fair number of folks I chat with online about AMC are moving from AMC to Y and R, or adding Y and R on because it has qualities they used to find in AMC.

Very true. I'm done with AMC. The show is a mess and just repeats it's mistakes over and over. But it's mistakes are similar to those on all the ABC soaps, so I think the problem is not as much the HW (though she has her weaknesses, most definately) but higher up. And I agree AMC (and ABC to an extent) has broken trust with it's viewers. There are only so many times a viewer will tune back in for a 'gimmick' before they realize it's just another gimmick and the same problems will still be there.

• Members

I do love Todd and Blair as well. :) But I can't stand John and Natalie, or Rex and Adrianna, and I think these are Frons' ideas of his ratings boosting supercouples, thus they are shoved down our throats. OLTL is another show I used to love, but tune out of now (and I dont' blame Dena Higley... she knows how to write, but I think under the constraints from above the show has just crumbled).

• Members

B&B's "Last ditch attempt to get Susan Flannery an emmy story" failed IMHO. I mean after THIRTY FREAKING YEARS you mean to tell me that they forgive and forget just like that. And now the family is on board too. I love Betty White and all. But if B&B TRULY wanted to the story they would have explored it more, and should not have cast Betty White at all if she was too expensive. B&B needs a new leader, because these insta-relationships and such is just pathetic.

BTW I'm happy that DAYS fan are finally getting some good quality entertainment after years of pure crap. Now let PSNS get some glory. But first remove you-know-who. It boggles the mind that the show's creator doesn't know what the hell to do with his own show, and it's only been like 6 or 7 years? :huh:

• Members

This is the show that I've been a lifelong fan of and largely become addicted to when I was in high school! Hogan is a champ, kinda reminds me of the champion Hogan from the WWE. I only have one complaint of this week's stories, and that would be the cool resolution to Bo that he is the biological father of Hope's baby and not Patrick. Of all the strife that Bope have endured for the past 2 years, I feel that there should have been a more dramatic fall out on that storyline. Again, I'm thrilled to see writing come to "the hourglass" that compliments the opening and closing themes of the spinning hourglass appearing to be half-empty. Again, yay for Days posting a .2 increase last week and hoping to see more increases in the coming year!

HAPPY 2007 SOAP FANS!!

Archived