December 18-22, 2006

R!ck

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

(Compared to Last Week/Compared to Last Year)

1. Y&R 4.3 (+.2/+.1)

2. B&B 3.1 (same/-.3)

3. GH 2.7 (+.1/-.1)

4. DOOL 2.6 (+.2/-.1)

5. OLTL 2.5 (+.1/same)

6. ATWT 2.4 (same/-.4)

6. AMC 2.4 (same/-.3)

8. GL 2.2 (-.1/-.1)

9. PSNS 1.7 (+.2/-.1)

It's nice to see Passions gain +.2 on a good week hopefully they gain +.2 or +.3 for this excellent week. It's been a while since PSNS had a 1.7

25-54 Viewers

NBC 1,018,000

CBS 980,000

WOW! NBC is beating the older skewing CBS? :unsure:

• Members

Okay I am very surprised AMC didn't go up. Having said that, I'm not upset about it.

Megan has to go in April. If she does not, we're screwed. Yes the show is somewhat better but come on people, it won't last! As soon as she feels secure in her job again she'll regress.

And the show is nowhere near perfect, or even great. It's still quite a mess.

I read the SOD stuff about Babe and Zarf next week and its just sickening. Nobody understands Zarf/Zoe except Saint Babe? blech

• Members

I agree King-they are the only one delivering. Days deserved that +2 last week but I will take it. They finished out the week strong with two 2.7's so I think they will have a good ratings week for this week too. Passions relies so much on Days and they had a good week this week so I think NBC will have a good week in next week's ratings.

I think all or most of the soaps will have good weeks during the holidays. I remember last year at this time there were hardly any increases until January but we already have some bumps leading into this holiday weel. That is good news.

Good for Y&R. Last week was better then it has been in awhile. I haven't been into it as much this week though.

• Members

I'm so happy for Days! I will send Corday and Hogan letters on the great job they are doing with Days. I knew Hogan would come through, but I didn't know how much time it was going to take him and his team. I'm back to loving Days now. It is my #1 favorite show now. I've replaced ATWT with it.

ATWT was the first soap I've ever invested so much time in watching. Now that it's dreadful, I cannot watch. It's just plain torture. Its ratings should have been lower. They are lucky they made a 2.4/2.5.

It's go time for Hogan's stories now. 2007 is going to be huge! I already bought a bunch of blank vhs tapes because I know I'm going to keep these eppies. I hope Days hits 2.7/2.8/2.9 for this week. If it continues this way, I can see them hitting 3.0 and they really deserve to hit that 3.0.

• Members

Great post Tzelkos!!! I am not surprised that they haven't gone up though. The show might be better then what it was but it still has the same fundamental, underlining problems that it had over the summer. The writing is weak and it is too plot driven. Storylines may start out strong or interesting but they always fall apart. There is no depth to the storylines. McT will touch on the emotional stuff but it is never explored like it should be. The stories aren't as compelling as what they could be because of that. The show can be strong one day and really bad for several weeks. I think the audience needs to know that changes are going to be happening behind the scenes in order to spark interest in the show again.

I also think that AMC can't afford to wait until April to get rid of McTavish. She needs to go NOW!!! AMC fans are screwed as long as she is writing for the show. I guess the question is if TIIC are happy with the ratings for AMC right now. This is the time of the year when soaps usually go up. Y&R and Days improved this week but AMC stayed the same. Who knows, Frons could be happy with these ratings and decide to keep McT. I hope not though.

• Members

I agree. Corday is usually babling but he was right when he said it was a difficult transition for Hogan. I mean, I still don´t understand why he did some stories. That Marlena press conference and disappearance in September, all Shawn/Willow quickie, Kayla and the deadly gas, the back and forth with Hope/Bo and Patrick. It all really hurt the show because everybody was so looking forward towards Hogan and his DAYS and it was disappointment.

But whole December was wonderfull. It´s obvious Hogan finally understood how the show works, what he can and can´t do, he decided what he wants and everything suddenly procceds forward clearly and smoothly. I maybe don´t like all the stories, but I love the pacing, I love that there is some longterm plan for all the characters, and stories are logically evolving and merging into each other. I also think Hogan did a wonderfull job with all newbies and teens. I mean, there is already fansites for both Mami and Mabby, Chelsea is finally likeable and Nick is on only for a month or so, but I already take him as a fully involved character, while with Patrick I had feeling he is out almost till his last episode. Their story is mostly filler as it should be, but they are slowly building up their fans and I don´t want to FF their scenes at all like I´ve always wanted during younger Shelle or Broe times. That´s huge.

Anyway, I fully believe Hogan has a power to save the show and even rise the ratings. You can feel an excitment and freshness from the DAYS that other shows are severely lacking. But it makes me almost cry how different everything could be, if Hogan was hired back before Reilly and Langan, when DAYS fans were still positive. I hope it´s not too late now.

• Members

ITA with you, Jane1978. I didn't understand some regression, but I wasn't going to judge Hogan. JER screwed up Days and I knew Hogan does things for a reason. One way or another, I knew Days would see the light. That's why I was willing to wait.

You're right. It was a difficult transition period. I think what made it even harder was the budget cuts. I think Hogan had plans for specific characters and had to scrap them when the actors were cut. Also, the hype was huge with the news of Hogan's arrival and I think everyone expected a 180 degree turnaround overnight. That definitely hurt Days. I think now will make up for the loss. The buzz is multiplying and there IS excitement again. I work so can't watch live, but I watch my tape, download eppies, and just continue to rewatch them. That never happened before. The teens are tolerable and Hogan has managed to make hated characters likeable (eg. Chelsea). OTOH, he has managed to make me hate once liked characters (Abby), but I can still watch without FF. I think the music needs to be better to flow with the scenes, but I'm sure Hogan will improve that as time passes. Days is filling the void I feel with ATWT. I dropped ATWT in favor of Days. With that said, Days is truly the best soap on air.

Honestly, I wanted Hogan as HW for ATWT. I loved what he did with the show. Part of me wanted him back. However, I used to like Days and if he couldn't write for ATWT, I'd rather him write for Days. Characters who were one dimensional are now multilayered and there is no more black and white. For example, when EJ shot John in the struggle, he did have that shocked/scared look. We know EJ is supposed to be bad, yet he is gray. Also, some of us are actually rooting for him, a supposed villain. That what I like- no black and white areas. Of course, with excellent writing such as Hogan's, there's always room for discussion, p.o.v., and speculation. I love it!

Archived