Y&R: Sharon Case jumping ship to ABC

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw a scan of the article, it says that the show only approaches actors about renewing one month before their contract is up, her contract is up in April

The SID also said that Case told them, not long ago that she is looking forward to seeing what becomes of Sharon now that she is independant and no longer married to Nick

• Members

Sharon Case always has contract re-signing problems. Come April, we'll see Sharon leave Genoa City on a business trip and then come the end of the summer, she'll be back with a brand new story to explain her absence. Last time, we got Cassie's rebelliousness and Cameron Kirsten.

• Members

I thnk Sharon Case likely will stay on Y&R. If she does not and comes to ABC, I could see her as a Nu Kelly Cramer on ONE LIFE, or reviving her GH character of Dawn Winthrop, Monica's daughter, who was killed off, but could somehow be brought back from the dead maybe (maybe witness protection?).

• Members

SC is totally underrated as an actress -- alot of has to do with the fact that she is so naturally beautiful and has been treated like a dim wit over the years. Since they got Sharon out of the house and working a couple of years ago, she is so much more interesting. Developing the friendship with Dru, the stuff with Brad and even the relationship with Jack -- in a bizarre way they work (not so much as a romantic couple, but rather two wounded souls helping each other out). I remember an interview with Jeanne Cooper and she remarked how so few young actors took time to learn the craft -- but she cited SC as one of two (I can't remember the other), who really worked hard. I found that very interesting considering they don't share much screentime. I think that says alot about her reputation on the show. Plus the Sharon/Nicholas romance -- really is Nikki/Victor, Part II. And, I'm OK with that.

• Members

I keep saying it. Y&R is known to its fans for its neva chaning cast, Thats what makes viewers tune it. All these changes I dont think the fans will stick in. Although I love what i see on screen these days. I am two weeks behind on my DVR Is Sharon leaves then so be it. i dont like the way they write for her anyway

• Members

How has Sharon Case ben underrated as an actress? Hasn't she received multiple Emmy nods and a win and soap magazine performer of the week nods? Y&R even kills off her babies every few years so that she has a shot at taking that Emmy away from Susan Flannery. From what I can see she's regarded as one of daytimes high rated actresses.

Archived