Y&R: Sharon Case jumping ship to ABC

• Members

Read this on another board.

In the latest edition of Soaps In Depth there is a picture of Sharon Case with the caption "Quitting! Is it true?" The magazine reports that SC's contract is up in April and when they contacted the show to ask if they plan on re-signing SC the show's rep would not comment. The magazine speculated that SC may want to leave the show and sign with an ABC soap for which Jack Smith and Kay Alden are now writing for.

Oh btw, Soaps In Depth is reporting that the guy Eliot that Jill was involved with a couple of years ago who swindled her may be returning to town. Soap Opera Digest reported that the show is casting an older man. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Explain...I barely watched under Jack Smith. All I remember is up until the Sheila Stuff, there was always a suspenseful cliffhanger. Even *IF* it was overhyped.

Anyway, I can't imagine Y&R without Sharon(and Sharon Case playing her). She's the tramp everyone talks about.

The backstage going-ons just keep getting more and more odd. It's unlike Y&R to have these shakeups and cast changes. WTF were the Bells thinking putting this woman in charge?!

• Members

Does not bother me at all, Sharon is just useless anyway, and the character is nothing but a s l u t and I really don't care to see what guy she beds next. :rolleyes:

She is a great actress but the writing for her has been bad for years now, the only thing she does now is hop from one bed to the next, and it is just boring as hell.

• Members

I think you're all FREAKIN NUTs! :lol: Sharon is more interesting to me now than she has been in a long, long time. I absolutely, positively do NOT want to see her off the show.

That said, this all sounds like hogwash to me. Sharon Newman may not be the brightest bulb but Sharon Case is nobody's fool. No way is she leaving Y&R for the likes of ABC.

• Members
Well for Case to leave would be stupid because right now she gets a ton of screentime, a love interest with one of Y&R's finest lead actors, and some edge. It's a huge contrast to the JS days when Sharon Newman was practically the stupid tramp. Dragging bodies behind a dumpster, walking through sewers...although I did love the short lived Nikki/Sharon feud.

Nah, that's Brooke.

Who knows? :mellow:

• Members

Funny you should mention her because Sharon right now reminds me of Brooke (back when she was an interesting and vital character, 1994-2002). I love how she reacts to those around her and seems to have lost her moral compass completely. These rich, arrogant, Genoa City bastards and shrews have left Sharon jaded and almost pathological. I love it.

As for Jack Smith's pen, she was so completely out of character it wasn't even funny. She completely lacked motivation for sleeping with Diego and especially her supposed off-screen relationship with Cameron. At least now, her actions are understandable and relatable to both the character and her story. Under Smith and to a lesser degree, Alden, they were not.

• Members

IA. Of all of the characters that LML has tweaked, Sharon's is the only one that was tweaked for the better.

Sharon Case is great eye candy that can act, so I know a lot of male fans would be disappointed if she was to be let go.

• Members

I've always liked Sharon and for me, Nick was just dragging her down, and therefore I can totally agree: A Dickolas-free Sharon is great.

Sharon Case is a fabulous actress anyhow and I wish her good look jumping ship. Too bad, that ABCD is ALWAYS worse than CBS: She should chat with Heather Tom before signing on a dotted line...

Maybe GH is luring her back: Is Monica's daughter Dawn (one of Case first major recast roles) dead or alive?

• Members

Dawn is dead. She was bludgeoned with a lead pipe by a con artist named Edge Jerome in 1991.

I love Sharon Case and I want her to stay on Y&R if they give the character something entertaining to do. Otherwise, why not a come back to ATWT. She was Debbie Morgan from 1993 to 1994...

Archived