Donald Trump to Sue Rosie O'Donnell

WillenFan21

• Members

I know where you're coming from bellcurve, I do think Rosie is a bigmouth and it seems not a day goes by anymore that she puts her foot in her mouth. It is annoying. But Donald's reaction has gone from defensive to completely mean-spirited and somewhat scary, when it comes to mentioning her girlfriend, who has nothing to do with this feud. If he's pissed at Rosie, that's one thing. But he needs to leave her family out of it.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

this entire thing has been blown out of porportion....The View is for them and their Views everyone has a view i dont agree with Donald letting that girl stay and be a role modle for all those kids when she drinks and partys ....and i watched him on the Larry King last night and how could they let him just go off like that...poor Rosie....and for him to say Barbra Hates her...he shouldnt bring in other people how awquard will that be for them to work together...Donald Trump is a self promoter Lary Asked him about his feud with Martha and all he talked about was His Apprentice (which is an awsome show).

• Members

Rosie came out wayyyyyy too agressively and started taking unnecesarry jabs at Donald.

What does his decision to keep Mrs. USA have anything to do with his financial situation in the past?

There's no need to mock him.

And the "sit on it and spin" comment is soooooooo rude and childish.

Basically, Rosie probably had some beef with Trump before and saw this as an opening to ridicule him.

• Members

War of words escalates between Trump, Rosie

The Associated Press

Updated: 9:41 p.m. CT Dec 21, 2006

NEW YORK - Things got even uglier Thursday in the bitter war of words between Donald Trump and Rosie O'Donnell.

The Donald called the Los Angeles-based morning show "Good Day L.A." to sound off on O'Donnell's remarks about his near-firing of Miss USA Tara Conner.

"Maybe she wanted to put the crown back on Miss USA's head," the real-estate mogul said of the openly gay O'Donnell, who has four children with her partner, Kelli. "I think she's very attracted to Miss USA so she probably wanted to put the crown on her head herself."

Insult No. 2: "She is a very, very unattractive woman who really is a bully."

Insult No. 3: "Ultimately, Rosie is a loser, and ultimately ("The View") will fail because of Rosie. ... Barbara (Walters) made a mistake and let me tell you something, Barbara's a good friend of mine. She cannot stand Rosie O'Donnell."

It all started when O'Donnell, co-host of the ABC morning talk show "The View," blasted Trump on Wednesday's show.

She said Trump's news conference with Conner, whose title was in jeopardy because of underage drinking, had annoyed her "on a multitude of levels" and that the twice-divorced Donald had no right to be a "moral compass" for the beauty queen.

"He inherited a lot of money," she said. "Wait a minute, and he's been bankrupt so many times where he didn't have to pay. ... I just think that this man is sort of like one of those, you know, snake oil salesmen in 'Little House on the Prairie."'

Trump fired back later Wednesday in a TV interview, calling O'Donnell a "slob," among other insults. "I never went bankrupt, but she said I went bankrupt. So probably I'll sue her because it would be fun."

An amused O'Donnell talked about Trump's comments with her co-hosts on Thursday's edition of "The View."

"Wasn't that a fun night of viewing? ... Look who's here today: Kelli. I was afraid to leave her home in case somebody with a comb-over came and stole her from me," she said.

In an entry posted Wednesday night on her Web site, O'Donnell duplicated an excerpt on Trump's rocky financial history from his biography on the online encyclopedia Wikipedia, which is written by users. She wrote: "i will let you know if the donald sues me/or if kelli leaves me for one of his pals/don't u find him charming."

Walters, who created the "The View," and executive producer Bill Geddie are standing by O'Donnell — and Trump.

"Both Rosie and Donald are high-spirited, opinionated people. Donald has been a friend of 'The View' for many years and Rosie, of course, is our enormously popular moderator. We cherish them both and hope the new year brings calm and peace," they said Wednesday in a statement.

Trump, owner of the Miss Universe Organization, which includes Miss USA and Miss Teen USA, said Tuesday at a news conference that he would allow Conner to keep her title if she settled down and entered alcohol rehab.

Conner tearfully admitted drinking as a minor at New York nightclubs. She turned 21 a day before the news conference.

Linky Poo

• Members

Umm - who is being the bully? Calling everyone who will listen, getting on any TV show that will have you on, just to insult Rosie with childish comments like "Rosie is a loser...she's so fat and ugly." LOL - Trump is starting to get ridiculous and needs to STFU. I don't really side with Rosie on this whole issue - I side with no one, but Trump is now taking it too far.

Haha - I doubt she's your GOOD friend now Trump. Why would you say that?

• Members

I don't see how he could expect ME to believe that Barbara can't stand Rosie. How is that possible? BABS asked her to join the show.

FYI: about the bankruptcy thing. Perhaps he somehow got it removed from the public record, but I believe Trump's bankruptcy is true. It seems to be the thing that everyone talks about. Honestly, I LEARNED THIS IN COLLEGE from my Politicial Science professor. It wasn't in a book, but he mentioned it, and I'll never forget being shocked thinking, "Wow, Trump was broke?!"

So it's not just Rosie's crazy notion. Or Wikipedia's. People talk about this stuff.

• Members

Donald Trump's treatment of Rosie is horrific. His words are disgusting and how gets away with it is beyond me. That said ... I am on NEITHER side of this argument.

Rosie really does need to shut up and watch what she says. I think she's insulting people on purpose just to get attention to The View and Babara probably loves it.

• Members

I don't post here often, so I am not looking to make enemies or start anything, but as a Rosie lover, here is what I think.

I didn't agree with her homophobe/Clay/Kelly thing...and I think that got blown WAY outta proportion. I love Ro, but I thought the homophobe thing was too far. I did, however, think Kelly overreacted as well and love seeing that youtube vid of her putting her hand all over Regis's face....was like a montage of several different times that she did it.

The ching ching thing, what the @#$@!.....who doesn't do that from time to time, she is a comedian and there was absolutely nothing remotely racist about that, and again, the media made way to big a deal about that....war, poverty, genocide, aids....need i say more!

When it comes to the Donald thing, I had been fan of the Apprentice since it's first season and even a "closet" Donald fan...heard a story once that he payed off some strangers mortgage for simply stopping and helping Trump and his driver change a flat tire! I also don't form my opinions about others based on what celebs think of each other. So, when she talked about Donald, and said nothing over the top, I still had planned to watch his show. It wasn't until I woke the next morning and heard the things that he was saying that i was like WOW....Rosie has never done anything like that, to my recollection and her wife Kelli wasn't even invloved! So, that said, I like Ro, don't always agree with her, and perhaps that is one of the reasons I like her.

I totally respect your opinion and right not to like someone, but I just wanted to make sure that others knew where I was coming from, and I am sure other Ro lovers here, and that I don't think we are all blind.

peace,

matt

• Members

I find this whole thing funny.

And, as someone from Tara Conner's home state of Kentucky, I feel sorry for the girl and think that deseerved a second chance. She comes from a hometown of less than 2,500 people. I can completely understand how the bright lights of New York City could overwhelm her.

That being said, I used to like Rosie O'Donnell when she had her talk show, but in the last few years she has gotten as annoying as hell. As for Donald Trump, he maybe somewhat of a jerk, but I have to side with him on this.

But anything, this whole thing has gotten out of hand, and is now nothing more than a popularity contest for both of them.

• Members

The Miss Universe pagaent is still huge around the world, and they really do some nice things with charitable organizations. And these girls aren't ditzes contrary to what Rosie and Elisabeth believes.

I finally got to watch the video and geez, again, the guest co-host tries to defend the person Rosie is attacking and Rosie basically tells her to shut up, this is my show, I'm talking b*#ch! I mean come on...

The more Rosie opens her mouth, the more I want to go right up to her face and tell her to shut the hell up. :rolleyes:

Archived