Donald Trump to Sue Rosie O'Donnell

WillenFan21

• Members

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20005103,00.html

Rosie O'Donnell had some fiery words for Donald Trump on The View Wednesday morning, calling him a "snake-oil salesman" following his announcement that he would not fire troubled Miss USA Tara Conner.

After hearing about her comments, Trump fired back to PEOPLE, calling her "a woman out of control" and saying he planned to sue O'Donnell over her statements questioning his financial well-being.

"You can't make false statements," Trump tells PEOPLE exclusively. "Rosie will rue the words she said. I'll most likely sue her for making those false statements – and it'll be fun. Rosie's a loser. A real loser. I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie."

The battle began on Wednesday's show, when a peeved O'Donnell said: "(He) left the first wife – had an affair. (He) had kids both times, but he's the moral compass."

O'Donnell, who impersonated Trump by deepening her voice and flipping her hair to one side, aimed her criticism at his comment from the Tuesday press conference that, "I've always been a believer in second chances. Tara is good person. Tara has tried hard. Tara is going to be given a second chance."

Conner, who just turned 21, will go to rehab but keep her crown, following reports of alleged drug and alcohol abuse. A grateful Conner apologized for her behavior at the press conference, and she thanked Trump for his compassion.

But O'Donnell was not as touched. After repeatedly saying she "didn't enjoy him," Rosie discussed Trump's finances – saying he went bankrupt, which Trump denies – and likened him to the "snake-oil salesman on Little House On The Prairie. This is not a self-made man," O'Donnell said.

And while O'Donnell and her View co-hosts discussed Conner's alleged drug and alcohol abuse, Rosie was dismissive, saying, "She went out and she was partying – doing what Paris and Lindsay do."

She also turned her wrath toward the Miss USA organization itself. "Miss America is the prestige," she said. "Miss USA is a different thing. It's basically a model competition. Let's be realistic."

Trump's response? "She talked about the Miss USA contest, which has terrific ratings on NBC. Miss America got thrown off of network television! It's (on cable), where nobody watches it," he said, countering her statements. "And my father never gave me tons of money."

He also thinks Rosie's rant against him was personal. Trump says he once sarcastically chastised Rosie about her "failed magazine" and "failed talk show." Added The Donald: "I think she's just terrible."

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

One thing The Donald got wrong...her talk show didn't fail.

She seems to be pissing EVERYONE off lately. I REALLY hate her. I REEEEALLLY hate her. I bet her kids will write a "Mommie Dearest" tell all about her.

Usually, I'd be defensive to someone making such comments about another celebrity. But since Rosie has never taken the high road, she gets what's coming to her.

• Members

Well, I feel like her arguments were pretty solid, but he is the one who took it to a lower level of making fun of her looks. Not to mention, I find myself agreeing with most of what she had to say about D.T. I will have to go with her on this one.

• Members

I've always thought Donald was an arrogant prick, and I really think that Tara Conner should have been stripped from her title. Yeah, she's young and big city living can cause people to live it up too much, but she knew what she had to do while representing the country as Miss USA and she chose to be a party girl. If you break the rules, you need to face the music.

But since Rosie joined The View, she hasn't kept her trap shut and it's gotten her in a lot of trouble. We're seeing the real Rosie---the one on the talk show was a fake. But still, there was no need for Donald to make fun of her looks. Has he looked in the mirror lately? He sure as hell didn't get his new wife because of HIS appearance. :lol:

• Members

Rosie, Rosie, Rosie.

Tsk, tsk, tsk.

Honestly, I had to chuckle. I take no glee from this lawsuit; it's not about that. But that Ro likened Trump -- not surprisingly -- to ANYTHING off "Little House on the Prairie" is too paint-by-numbers.

This woman is far too obsessed with TV. :lol:

That being said, if this lawsuit moves forward, it will ONLY help "The View" and its ratings.

ABC's probably going to eat up this controversy.

• Members

LOL!!!

Here is the video of the Donald Trump interview...he is PISSED...also he threatens her girlfriend!!! He said he'll get one of his men to come and take her girlfriend away "bc it's easy". Then he ends the interview saying "You better hold on to your girlfriend Rosie, bc you'll never find another one again." - He seriously sounds like he's making some threats against her g/f's life! LOL you just don't mess with the Trump I guess.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah3204.shtml

Archived