Here comes winter

Drew

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You're from London?? Awesome!!

Oklahoma was hit with a winter storm last week...the first blizzard in our state's history ever was issued.

Go to myspace page and see my slideshow if you wanna:

www.myspace.com/posh_writer

• Members

So far we have had no snow here where I live in NE. We missed the big strom that hit Missouri (thank god!) I think that is the same one that hit you Josh.

I guess I don't hate snow I just perfer it happens on a weekend when I can stay home if need be. I drive a sports car that is horrible in winter weather which just makes it difficult for me to get around and makes me grumpy! :D

• Members

Well, here in south central Kentucky we had a half inch of snow this morning. But the sun came out and melted almost all of it off this afternoon. Today's snow marked our first measurable snowfall of the season too.

Man I wish we had as much snow here as you do in London, Canada Drew. It looks like something you see on a Christmas movie.

Snowball fight anyone? :D

• Members

I would love to actually see some snow like that here Drew, it doesn't happen very often in Tennessee though. Tonight though its rather cold, 16 degrees with a wind chill at a brisk 7 degrees. I know everyone up north, Canada included, is used to cold weather but down here in the south thats really cold for this time of year. The largest snow I remember is 7 and a half inches and that was 3 or 4 years ago. I have seen pictures when I was 3 or 4 where it was almost a foot but I don't remember it damnit.

Whats the biggest snow you have witnessed?

Drew, you are one lucky bas.tard having a KFC across the street, I am so jealous!

• Members

Here in Croatia are more like Spring time and it's nothing even close to Christmas time... I hate it! I mean, I love warm weather, but around Christmas hell NO! I want some snow! But unfortunately, our weather forecast people said that there would be no snow for Christmas or New Year this year in Croatia... :(

• Members

KBT, I'm with you....it has been rather cold here in Kentucky too. It's starting to warm up now, but one morning last week it was only 10 degrees. We get a bit more snow here in Kentucky then you do in Tennnessee, but we still don't get a whole lot.

The biggest snow I have seen here was about a foot back in '94, with some parts of the state having as much as 16-18 inches. That may seem like a few flurries to you northern folk, but it shut down the entire Commonwealth of Kentucky for about a week. But then again, even a half inch of snow can cause problems here.

Archived