Law & Order: SVU - Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Ugh! Olivia Benson is like a damn cockroach on steroids. She won't go away. I'm ready for her swan song already!

It's ridiculous that we are to believe a grand jury would convene over that dead clown after Liv is found taped and handcuffed to a table and a little girl tied up? Was it really hard to believe that this guy would set something like that up?

I also don't believe that THAT type of animal would kill himself to make Liv suffer for life. He enjoys humiliating her. Their excuse was that she no longer fought so he got bored. Suicide was his Plan B? WTF! If Liv was no longer fighting him, HELLO, there's a young girl tied up for him. Not that I want to see Lewis violate a child, but that didn't make sense because the child would resist - that excites him and he would still have a game to play. Madness, I tell you!

And look who shows up. Tucker! He was conveniently unavailable when Rollins had to face IAB because no one would buy that he would do nothing. Tucker had been on Stabler and Benson like flies to horseshit over much less than Rollins on her knees about to give a BJ to prove she can be trusted by criminals.

Ugh! Why do I torture myself?!

• Members

SVU passed on the proper ending 6 times over. There is no longer a proper ending for this show unless Stabler returns for Benson's funeral. She lived like a miserable wretch and that is the way she should die. No happy ending for someone who's determined to be miserable!

• Members

No, I still want Benson/Barba to ride off into the sunset together. By the time the show finally ends, I think she'll have enough service under her belt that she can retire and move on to greener pastures.

Amanda, sweetie, you have had so much baggage in the past couple of years and now you are getting it on with Nick, who has even more baggage than you!! Not a good idea, even as friends with benefits. You already have a faithful companion in Frannie the dog, who is loyal and always there - which is more than we can say for the men in your life.

All that said, however - I didn't mind seeing Danny Pino in a towel. *rawr* wink.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

SVU has officially become a PT after school special. What judge in their right mind would give Liv a baby, and the way it was done? REEEEEEdiculous!

And Nick Amaro Stabler just gets a nice cozy happy ending? Ugh!

Rollins should just go! No explanation needed.

• Members

Not that I ever wanted for Benson and Stabler to hook up (IMO, their romance would've been too distracting from the rest of the show) but it kind of pisses me off how Amaro and Rollins got to "do the do" in under three years and all Benson/Stabler 'shippers got in over a decade was a few lingering glances. I can't explain why it pisses me off, it just does. At the very least, though, Neal Baer should have given those fans a scene or two where Benson and Stabler come close, but one or the other pulls back and actively explains why it could never happen. As it was, Benson/Stabler 'shippers were just left hanging.

Plus, maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't find Warren Leight to be all that fantastic as a writer and producer. Whenever he runs a series ("SVU," "Criminal Intent," "Lights Out"), the series tend to just...lay there. The characters might be well-drawn, but the stories always come across as dull, lacking any real "OMG!!!!" moments.

Edited by Khan

• Members

I thought the first few post-Stabler seasons were OK, but this season was garbage. There were always contrivances but it's just not even close to being an intelligent legal drama anymore. It's all about being shocking and playing on tropes and blatant ratings-grabs. What even happened in the season finale? I forgot it was on.