Law & Order: SVU - Discussion Thread

Toups

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I really can't take him seriously at all and I think he is tame as a love interest for Olivia. I think they forgot that they wrote him out after season 1 for a reason.

I am sad about Dann Florek. That means Mariska is the last OG cast member left sad.png

Edited by juppiter

• Members

Liv playing house with and hosting dinner parties with Cassidy is beyond ridiculous. Not believable! They should have gone with Vincent Spano since Dean Porter is with the FBI and would not be around as much as Cassidy. Besides, Vincent and MH had massive chemistry.

My guess is now that Cragen is leaving, Liv will be bumped up (Mariska wants to work less). I can imagine the budget for the department going thru the roof as Liv uses all resources to prove someone is a rapist when he isn't.

Never thought the day would come to where I'd be tired of Liv, but she has worked my very last nerve and I don't even watch regularly.

• Members

Yeah I'm kinda burnt out on Olivia too. Wouldn't mind seeing her backburnered to an authoritative position and seeing a couple of new detectives.

How do you guys like Rollins? I was really bored by her episode where she got played by the girl in her GA group and her sponsor who was sleeping with her.

Also do any of you miss Stabler? I thought I did but upon watching some of the newer seasons over I felt a little more "relaxed" feel amongst the detectives. He was always a little wound too tight.

Edited by Eric83

• Members

I don't miss Stabler. Amaro fills the void nicely enough without all of that suppressed rage Eliot had. And goodness knows, I'm glad to never see any of Eliot's batshit crazy kids again. My only problem with his absence is that they haven't explained it. There's no way Stabler wouldn't have come back to help when Liv went missing. For them to not even do a throwaway line about Stabler having moved away or something was lame.

I've already said that I love Rollins and Fin. They are in the perfect position to become the lead pairing on this show. I'm really looking forward to his reaction when he finds out she's relapsed. I definitely think it's time to add a new detective. We've lost Munch and Cragen.

• Members

I only watch sporadically, especially since Chris Meloni left. I definitely miss Elliot, but I am a huge Chris Meloni fan from his days on Oz. I think that Amaro is okay and a good partner for Olivia, but Kelli Giddish is bland and lacks any energy, much like she was on AMC. I still don't see why NBC thinks she is anything special, but it keeps moving her from show to show. I think she must be sleeping with one of its executives.

I have no problem with Cassidy. He is not too smart or demanding which makes him the perfect man for Olivia. I think a woman with Olivia's myriad of problems and dramas would be difficult for most men to deal with.

I am not looking forward to Olivia confronting her attacker. It is all so over the top. And I am tired of all her dramas also.

I will miss Cragen. I don't buy the reasoning. It is more likely budget cutting combined with trying to get younger.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I don't miss Stabler. I liked him at the time and I love Chris Meloni but Stabler's story was done and I think they have done a good job re-inventing the show since he left. There are hundreds of Stabler-era reruns to watch, so it's no biggie if I want to see a Stabler episode. I hope they will bring him back if/when the series finale comes, which hopefully is not for a while, but honestly I don't feel like there is a missing piece when I tune in to the new eppys.

A big aspect in re-inventing the show has been the new ADA Barba. Love him. We haven't had a stable ADA since Casey got disbarred like 6 seasons ago. Don't get me wrong, I loved the Christine Lahti guest stint and when they would bring back Alex/Casey as needed but the "Order" aspect of this show has been suffering for years and Barba has definitely brought it back.

Benson doesn't bother me any. I actually like her more as the seasons go on. The way she always always believes the victim no matter what is just her signature trait and so needed on a show like this, and that they have kept that aspect of her character consistent for 15 seasons is amazing to me.

I like Rollins a lot actually, she is a good detective but she definitely has a dark side. To me Amaro is the weakest link. He is just so bland I really can't with him.

Edited by juppiter

• Members

I think even if NBC cancels the show USA will pick it up. They are always showingv reruns and they rate really well.

I go back and forth on Amaro some episodes I really enjoy him and somev episodes he is a drag. Overall I like the new group but wouldn't mind to see a new detective or two next season. Isn't Olivia a sergeant now?

• Members

I don't know where else to put this but the original Law and Order is now airing on Sundance channel and it went back to the first season 1990 episodes. I know another channel had started it on New Years Day but when i looked at the schedule, It started in like the sixth season. This is the original first season with Chris North.

• Members

Good Lord! Will that cochroach just die already?! This is not interesting anymore (not sure if it ever was).

Is it commonplace for the accused to badger their alleged victim on the stand? I find that so disturbing... A bad reaction from the victim can be misconstrued. Very disturbing!

Waste to have REG only to do nothing with her. But I swear that woman's hair is everything! So gorgeous and full of life. It was always on point on OLTL.