Law & Order: SVU - Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Jerry Orbach was gone for several years and the show continued just fine.  With some good casting, there's no reason TOS couldn't thrive.   With all the former soap and the Broadway actors in New York, it's easy to find cast members.  OC is doing reasonably well due to Stabler, and decent writing. 

As much as the former cast is appreciated, just changing districts with a different cast of characters would work and the others could be referenced as former/ current colleagues.  Besides, Anthony Anderson will be looking for work now that Black-ish is ending. He could be the captain now...

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I stopped watching L&O about a decade before it ended. The show became too focused on paper-thin "oh let's cover THIS scandal now" material and lost any soul, and a number of cast changes had made the show a national joke [just ask Elisabeth Rohm...). I wish they had kept the show on at least one more season, because I do get why Dick Wolf wanted that record, but unless they commit to going back to the early, gritty days of L&O, without the glossy cast and vacuous tone, then they should just leave it to the past.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I doubt they're looking for huge ratings for this and will settle for "solid" which it should do. It's obvious this will be taking the planned place of the scrapped L & O: For The Defense on Thursdays. NBC will get a solid night of programming.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I

Please register in order to view this content

need them to explain this set bullsh!t right now

Also, not going to lie, I'm tired of the persistent crossing-over of Special Victims Unit and Organized Crime. Once in a while feels special, but, at this point, this feels like two-hour hybrid series: Organized Crime Victims Unit.