Friday 2.4

Passions

Monday 1.7

Tuesday 1.3

Wednesday 1.4

Thursday 1.3

Friday 1.3

Daytime Insights for the week of October 2, 2006

ABC led the week in women 18-49 rating (1.6), followed by NBC (1.5) and CBS (1.3). NBC won the week

in women 18-34 (1.6), followed by ABC (1.2) and CBS (0.8). ABC was 1st in women 25-54 (2.0), ahead

of CBS (1.6) and NBC (1.5).

Compared to the prior 2 weeks, NBC was down -0.1 in all key women demos. The net fell to its lowest

women 25-54 rating since the week of 7/3/06 (also a 1.5 in the demo), when NBC only had one day

rated due to the July 4th holiday and Wimbledon tennis coverage. DAYS OF OUR LIVES hit its lowest

women 18-34 rating since the same week and delivered its lowest women 18-49/25-54 ratings since

May.

CBS was down -0.2 in women 18-34 and down -0.1 in women 18-49/25-54 compared to the last 2 weeks.

CBS delivered its lowest women 18-34 weekly average in the history of people meters and matched

previous lows in women 18-49/25-54 (last seen during the week of 9/26/05). YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS

delivered its lowest women 18-34 rating in the history of people meters and matched its lowest women

18-49/25-54 rating (18-49 last seen week of 9/19/05, 25-54 last seen 2 weeks ago). BOLD AND THE

BEAUTIFUL matched its lowest women 18-34/18-49 ratings in the history of people meters (18-34 last

seen during the week of 9/11/06, 18-49 last seen for the week of 6/12/06). GUIDING LIGHT matched

its lowest women 18-34 rating in the history of people meters (last seen during the week of

7/24/06). YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS fell to its lowest women 18-34 rating since the week of 9/5/05

(when it also posted a 1.2 in the demo), its lowest women 18-49 rating since the week of 11/28/05,

and its lowest women 25-54 rating since the week of 6/12/06 (when it also posted a 2.5 in the

demo).

ABC was down -0.1 in women 18-34/18-49 and flat in women 25-54 versus the first 2 weeks of the

season. ALL MY CHILDREN delivered its lowest women 18-34/18-49 ratings since the week of 3/27/06

(when it also posted a 1.5 W18-49 rating) and its lowest women 25-54 rating since 7/3/06 (when it

also posted a 1.8 in the demo). ONE LIFE TO LIVE delivered a 9-week low women 18-34 rating (when it

also posted a 1.2 in the demo) and an 8-week low in women 18-49 (when it also posted a 1.6 in the

demo).

In women 18-49, DAYS OF OUR LIVES (1.7) ranked #3, down from #2 last week. PASSIONS (1.3) ranked #7

in women 18-49 (tied with BOLD AND THE BEAUTIFUL), up from #10 last week. Among women 18-34, DAYS

(1.7) was #1, ranking first in the demo for the 574th week out of 582 weeks that it aired. PASSIONS

(1.5) ranked 2nd in women 18-34 rating (tied with GENERAL HOSPITAL). For women 25-54, DAYS (1.8)

ranked #5, down from #4 last week. PASSIONS (1.2) ranked #10 in women 25-54, up from #11 last week.

The most time-shifted Daytime program of the week was DAYS OF OUR LIVES, which received a 0.11 lift

from Live to Live + Same Day in women 18-49 rating. YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS (+0.10) and GENERAL

HOSPITAL (+0.09) also received significant time-shifting. The remaining Daytime serials received a

Live to Live + Same Day lift of between +0.03 to +0.05. THE VIEW was up +0.05 from Live to Live +

Same Day in women 18-49, while both editions of PRICE IS RIGHT received no time-shifting.

For the season to date, in women 18-34, NBC (1.7) and CBS (0.9) are down -0.1 with ABC (1.3) up +0.2

versus the comparable period last year. In women 18-49, NBC (1.5) is down -0.1, with ABC (1.7) up

+0.1 and CBS flat. For women 25-54, NBC (1.6) is up +0.1, while CBS (1.7) and ABC (2.0) are flat.

Among the NBC programs, both DAYS OF OUR LIVES and PASSIONS are flat in women 18-49 rating.

Effective with data for 12/26/05, daytime insights will be based on Live+Same Day Ratings. Averages

for intervals which span this date are based on a combination of pre-DVR data, Live + 7, and

Live+Same Day.

DVR sample as of 10/8/06: 733 homes (9.1% of sample)

• Members

That you are watching Days watching IS a good thing. As is comparing it to Primetime.

Take AMC. I'm so disgusted with AMC that I used to get annoyed with myself if during a Days commercial I took the time to just surf past AMC. I always regretted it . Thank God I've broken myself of the bad habit. Now while watching Days I just patiently sit through the commercials.

• Members

Wow - I'm really UPSET by these ratings.

AMC deserves to be higher - I guess no one cared about who killed Greg Madden? The lowest rated day was the best episode where the killer was announced :(

DAYS deserves to be higher - I watched a little that week and it was really good - especially Friday!

Having a tie for #3 with a 2.5 rating is just SAD.

Poor daytime TV :(

• Members

Funny, I am surprised that AMC's ratings are that good. The show is in the crapper right now. It just doesn't have enough going for it. The writing is just horrid. Every character has been destroyed on the show. I just can't believe Frons is considering keeping McTavish with a co-headwriter. She has got to go and so does Frons.

I really think AMC/ABC is going to have a difficult time regaining their audience. They should have made changes sooner before it got this bad. That "let's wait and see" attitude is just brilliant for daytime (slight sarcasm there). And maybe they should go ahead and wait to see what November brings before they take any action. :angry:

• Members

I agree! When will PSNS, NBC, and JER get a CLUE!? It's time for major creative upheaval for this show. It's been on a gradual spiral for about 4 years, but this is ridiculous already. The show is hanging by a feeble thread.

As for DAYS, I'm very disappointed!

Why was Thursday so low for all the show's? What happened?

• Members

It looked like most soaps dropped a bit. It was a holiday weekend, still the numbers aren't all that good.

Even as a soap improves, it takes time to regain trust. I am hearing about good individual scenes for OLTL, and ironically, the teen story shows promise -- but I'm more than reluctant, especially after many of Frons' recent quotes. If David and Dorian were hot, what is the long term plan, or isn't there one? Viki may have had one or two scenes -- but come Nov. 30, will she still have scenes, or will it be back to McBainsville?

The only hope for change is for the ratings to sink lower than they are for ABC.

• Members

Question....when does the official new television ratings season start?? Cause every year around the end of September, doesnt Nielsen up the amount of viewers/households that a ratings point counts for? So if we are in the new season (which we should be, right?), that would mean these low ratings still might mean viewership isn't down as much as it seems. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm probably just wishful thinking, haha. Toups or anyone else, any news on the new season and what ratings points equal?

• Members

There is nothing that would make me every watch OLTL again. That show cannot be trusted. The Jessica and Antonio getting married and Kevin getting dumped really just sealed it for me. The show and network cannot get past their focus on putting people up front that look good in a picture.

It will return to the McBoring hour. It never stopped being the McBoring hour.

I am shocked about DOOL. Days has always been weird though. It gets huge summer bumps for some reason. IN the fall it seems to drop off. I really hope that changes because I do think it is a very good soap right now. I am a little suprised that it hasn't taken greater advantage of Steve and Kayla's return. It seems they are averaging about one day a week now. Perhaps they are saving them for November.

GH is obviously benefitting from the Luke and Laura story. AMC continues to suffer.

• Members

I don't know what Days has to do for good numbers. Bope had good scenes and last Thursday and Friday were amazing yet it drops and GH beats it. Give me a break. If Days does not go up for this week then I am not sure if I even want to look at ratings anymore. They hardly reflect quality. Days traditionally has awful Fall seasons ratings-wise but this has been a very good Fall. Days has had almost two months worth of payoffs and nothing. The only positive here is that it was a holiday weekend and every soap did bad on Thursday and some on Friday so that suggests that maybe holiday vacations and other things played a role. Nevertheless, it still sucks for Days and all shows.

Please oh please let Days go up next week. It deserves a 2.7 at the very least. Steve and Kayla were huge at the end of the week and we had some awesome Belle/Phillip and Lexie/Abe stuff and the ratings don't reflect how good the show was. Ugh this ruins my day :angry: .

• Members

This Days' news is really disappointing!! Hopefully with good word of mouth, lapsed viewers will return to Days. I just hope that TPTB give Days the time to increase its' ratings!! The show is getting so much better. I just don't want them to pull the plug!!

Given these poor ratings, yet positive feedback from people watching the show, maybe we need to start a letter writing campaign to not only the show's PTB but advertisers to say how much we're enjoying the show? Notwithstanding the crappy ratings, maybe viewer's positive reactions to the show will help alleviate some of TPTB's concerns about the ratings?

Archived