October 2-6, 2006

Toups

• Members

That chart is fascinating from OLTL's stunt perspective. Look at the May numbers and you get the climb to a few weeks consistent 2.6 escalating to a 2.8 only to dive the next week and never to climb back even to the 2.6. That suggests two things to me -- featuring the core characters does have some meaning and people don't like stunts. They may tune in but if there is no follow up then not only do they immediately tune out they are pissed off and tune out for good.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And it's viewers like you who hurt not just DAYS, but all soaps when you only watch for one character and don't want to invest time in the characters or a show as a whole.

DAYS being somewhat steady is okay. I was one of the ones who wasn't that optimistic when it was announced Hogan would become head writer, however, anything had to be better than the crap Reilly was feeding us the last few months before he left. Since his work started a week ago, I'm not in any position to judge him harshly now. He is still cleaning up Reilly's stories, and he's got a lot of work to do. It's going to take some time before DAYS really becomes what us fans know it can be. However, what I've seen before is much better than the six years of poop Langan, Higley, and Reilly came up with.

• Members

I can only hope that AMC continues to go down in the ratings as evidence that the network better get their act together and get a friggen new head writer before they have soaps like Passions passing them and therefore cause it to be on the verge of cancelation...on top of that let's get Frons out as well for the low ratings and place Felicia Minei Behr in as ABC Daytime President to which she was in between Shapiro and Frons so my big question regarding the whole situation at ABC is why not just promote FMB in the first place. Instead you got a misogynistic pig micromanaging every single detail on the soaps and permitting himself to give away previews as to what is to come rather than the writers who for the most part can only write to his skewed vision

May ABC numbers continue to go down and further convince the top brass at ABC to let go of Frons and give him a position outside of daytime and have a competent person give the entire lineup some new direction.

AMC better get it together and start writing for the core vets of the show and not feature the teenyboppers at least three times a week when that is best served for Brooke, Palmer, Stuart, Marian, Dr. Joe, Opal (get her back on contract!)

Archived