Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DAYS: Thursday

Featured Replies

  • Member

Oh, how sweet was it when Alice told Tom to visit them :( It is so awesome seeing Frances on screen.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member
Kyle does evil/fed-up/frustrated/angry Philip very, very well. Not to mention he does a great job of being Daddy to Claire, so sweet! :D

I think I'm going to say it every day until his last day on air... Don't go Kyle!!! :(

Did you read Martha's blog? Today was Kyle's last day on the set. I cried a little reading about it. I so wanted him to stay.

  • Member

Concurring with what most of the other posts have written, this episode was amazing; one of the best in the show's last 10 years - not because of major gimmickly plots (SSK, possession, etc) but because it was just AMAZINGLY well-acted and written.

I have now cried incessantly for two days now (Frankie breakdown yesterday, and then pretty much every scene at the goodbye party today)...I started laughing at myself for crying (it is a soap for godsakes) but then I realized that Missy and Matt have been part such a part of my life and have gotten me through alot of hard times with their entertainment. Lastly, I will always have a major crush on Missy and get a major lump in my throat when I see old tapes or pics of Matt and Missy.

I will continue to watch the show because I do love what the show is doing right now (I probably would feel differently if JER was still at the helm). The stories and the actors are just spot-on right now.

As everyone said, Matt will probably be back :-) and, who knows, maybe in a few years when Missy's kids are in college, she may get the urge to return and then we can have this great couple back in Salem again.

  • Member

I only got to see the last 20 minutes tonight, hopefully I'll be able to catch this episode over the weekend on Soapnet......The 20 minutes that I did see were touching and sad.....

I keep forgetting Days comes on at 10pm on Soapnet....... :ph34r:

  • Member
The Jack/Abby dance had me crying and then the Alice/Jennifer scene and Alice getting choked up made me lose it big time.

Oh Me too!

Alice may not have had a bunch of lines this week, but her stuff was awesome. From her scenes telling Patrick the way it is, to todays episode she is the heart of DAYS and there will never be anyone like her.

Vote for Frances Reid in this weeks Top 10

  • Member

I would vote for Francis Rick but I want Matt and Missy both at #1 as a sendoff since they were great this week. Too bad we all can't vote for both Francis and Missy but I suppose there could be a split and get them both on there.

Days deserved #1 in the top ten and best episode for today's episode. It was simply amazing.

  • Member

ITA with everyone. Today was a great episode. And THANK YOU, Days, for finally making me cry. Soaps never do that for me these days. But Alice and Jenn's goodbye...wow. I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED Jenn's line, "I think I'm going to miss you most of all." It reminded me of Dorothy saying the same thing to the Scarecrow in "The Wizard of Oz." SO touching!!! :(

  • Member

I didn't cry, but the Alice/Jen scenes were nice. Yay for Matt and Jack finally having a good serious toned down scene with Abby. I like sad goodbyes, but he makes everything so light-hearted. And what was up with over the top Jo?

  • Member

Over the top Jo and her antics were the only thing that annoyed me. Joy Garret's Jo was never like that.

That being said, I think DAYS should submit this episode to the Emmys It showcased everything that is good about the show (family, romance, quality acting) and left out everything that isn't. Also- unlike Zack's death- it is not tainted by association with Reilly. He is credited but everyone knows Milstein is now in charge.

  • Member

You know, I'm not sure what was up with Jo. I think it was just Anne Schoettle's way of having a bit of fun with the character, although I've never seen Jo act like that before... :lol:

It'll be interesting to see what Hogan does down the line with Jack if he returns. I think it'd be best to wait a little while (early next year, middle next year, whatever)... Hogan's got a balancing act on his plate. He has to respect the couples on the show while at the same time growing them as individual characters.

  • Member

When Frances Reid nearly choked on "Til we meet again", it killed me. That woman is just phenominal. By far and wide, the goodbye party had the best scenes, Steve and Kayla aside. I know you can't just turn off the way you feel, but there is such thing as leaving it at the door. Their angst should not have been present, IMO, and that's why I liked the Bo/Hope stuff, because Hope knew that it wasn't her day, so she wasn't going to fight it. "Aways", first hummed by Jack and then suddenly in the background for Jack & Abby's dance - wonderful. I was saddened when Alice touched Tom's photo after that poignant line. I hope that's not foreshadowing - I hate to bring it up, but while Frances looks better than she has in ages, she can't work like she used to. I hope we don't see an end to her and Alice in the near future.

The Claire paternity stuff, especially the ending was AWESOME. 'Nuff said.

  • Member
I hope we don't see an end to her and Alice in the near future.

It doesn't bear thinking about. :(

  • Member

Don't go there!

  • Member

Sorry! I saw the foreshadowing. I don't want them to go there - and I don't think they will unless they are forced to, but I still saw it. It was kind of random for her to say that line and direct it to Tom's picture. I know she always talks to Tom in episodes like this, but it was just weird there, and the way it was done.

  • Member

I'm assuming that Alice was talking about another Horton family member leaving and that they would be reunited again. At least that's what I'm hoping.

Jack's "I'll see you soon" to Alice was foreshadowing to me that he will return next year. It was so quick and so casual. We know Matt ad-libbed some of his scenes, and his wink to the camera after he "died" during the SSK was very telling. I think this is too.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.