ATWT: SOD Spoilers for the Perfect Storm

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For the weather nay-sayers, I should let you know all of Chicagoland just had a massive storm suddenly appear and cause all kinds of havoc: there were piles of hail (enough that it looked like snow) in some northern towns, tons of heavy rain and wind and flooding, and tornado watches all along western towns which almost never get those. Oh, and it's been about 40-50 degrees in the early mornings.

Frankly, a sudden ice storm doesn't seem that unrealistic anymore...

• Members

I gotta say, it never seemed to un realistic to me as a New England Native who normally does not see snow or very little ( I am directly on LI sound ), I went to school in Chicago and the first week of October saw snow, lots of it.. It was freezing by the middle of September, and I realized how good I had it at home.. lol... I know its not Florida :blink:

• Members

^^

lol yeah. Compared to some of the storylines they've done in the past 10 years, a snow storm in September actually seems normal. :blink:

I think the transition is off. They just had a huge storyline w the slasher, and now a storm?? I heard it's only three days though...so who knows.

• Members

LILY IS BACK!! I missed you Martha!

IMO I think that the way global warming is and the extreme weather it's a bit of a stretch but also highly prophetic. Who knows, maybe a few years from now we will have ice and snow in September, even in IL.

SO - I'm suspending my disbelief on this one becuase it look awesome and will involve a lot of the cast.

BUT - I wonder... is this carrying over to GL at all? Did the announcer not say in the promo that Bay City and Springfield are also getting snow? Hmmmmmmm

I mean I dont imagine that the storm will be as bad on GL, and they've already got their own stories running, but I wonder if we'll see any evidence at all on GL.

Archived