ATWT: SOD Spoilers for the Perfect Storm

• Members

ATWT's Perfect Storm

"Internally we called the story 'Global Warming', which has a double meaning: It is a freakishly unseasonal weather phenomenon, and it is also an event in which all relationships ... solidify, heal, threaten to blow apart or catch fire," says Head Writer Jean Passanante of the late September (!) blizzard. "We wanted the storm to be totally unexpected, a freak of nature." Here's a preview of how the weather changes pretty much everything....

DUSTY/LUCY: Dusty's flight is canceled, so he rushes back to town -- by sharing a cab with an equally desperate Paul -- as Johnny becomes gravely ill. Lucy decides to take the baby to the hospital herself, against Barbara's wishes. "Lucy is afraid that, given Johnny's history, it could be something serious and she's trying to make amends to Dusty." But her car also goes off the road, and by the end of the week, she and Johnny are forced to rely on a masked stranger for help.

Katie/Mike/Simon/Carly: Simon and Carly find their open house ruined by the storm, which also causes the lights to go out. Their solution? Get drunk and make out. "[Carly is] very attracted, tempted, wary." But are these two just having fun or actually falling for each other? "A little of both." Meanwhile, Mike is part of a horrible multicar pileup. Katie follows a blood trail through the snow to track down her husband.

Gwen/Will: Gwen's car stalls and when Will comes to her rescue, the Munsons weather the storm (close) together. Why the thaw? Quite simply, "Gwen loves him." At the same time, Jade is also in an accident and is questioned about her pregnancy at the hospital.

Holden/Lily: Holden and Luke realize that a comatose Lily is missing from her bed. "For a minute, Holden believes the worst...that she might have been taken away because she's dead. But a revelation changes that." That's right. Lily's awake.

Emily/Paul/Meg: Emily had made plans to skip town, but a concerned Henry tattles to Meg, who "knows Paul will not be able to tolerate Emily taking their baby out of town. Also, the roads are dangerous and Meg feels she can't let Emily drive off upset, so she locks her up [in the barn]." By the time Paul gets there, things have gone from bad to worse: "Emily's in labor and the situation has become dangerous and desperate."

Thanks to twentworth and the Forbidden Dusty/Lucy boards

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

A blizzard in September in the Mid-West!?! COME ON! :rolleyes::o TPTB must think we're morons. I'm sure it could happen, but this is just too out there IMO.

They could have at least done a twister, or maybe a flood. Even if they're not common in IL (I have no idea if they are or not), they're at least somewhat plausible.

• Members

Not seeing the hype with this storm, we just came off one gimmick with the slasher and now we're entering another one.

Lily is awake. Greeeeeeat :rolleyes:

Gwen and Will...zzzzz

Emily/Paul/Meg...loks KINDA interesting. :wacko:

Dusty and Lucy...meh

Poor Carly, her story stinks. :blink:

I don't care about ANY of these characters except Carly. :mellow:

• Members

I heard a rumor that the PEM baby dies. Is this true? I forgot where I read it...it seemed legit, but I'm not really sure.

Anyway, I'm kind of upset about it if it's true b/c then it will mean more airtime for these annoying characters. Also, even though Paul and Emily annoy the crap out of me, I was really looking forward to their Spawn wreaking havoc in Oakdale. Seriously...that kid would have had the worst DNA of any character on ATWT.

Archived