DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

DAYS needs to fire Rachel Melvin(Chelsea). She's a good actress, but the over-SORAS'ing of Chelsea, who should only be like 5 and Chelsea being a lying child murderer also should make her a prime candidate for the axing block, yet she's still seems to be safe. Yet vets like Matt Ashford(Jack), Billy Warlock(Frankie) and now Christie Clark(Carrie) are fired??!! Idiotic at best.

• Members

And Abe and Lexie are left on the show? Because watching them is like paint dry. And that skank is trapsing around Salem giving everyone advice? Who is she to give advice. They're both wastes. And somehow they have more potential than A&C?

I agree with you Shawn. I shouldn't be mad because I am a fan of DAYS? Being pissed doesn't make me a fan of DAYS? Screw that. I am a fan enough of this show to call them out when they make a dumbass move like this. I am not a delusional fan who wears rose-colored glasses all the time who thinks when my show shits, it's gold. If it's [!@#$%^&*], I am going to say it's [!@#$%^&*]! If it's gold, I am going to say it's gold! That's where a true fan lies.

• Members

Thank you. My bet is that Peck and Clarke are not cheap, considering they had been with the show for awhile. It was bound to happen. I would much rather have them leave then Bo, Hope, Abe, or Lexie. They have done nothing since they returned and they didn't help get the ratings up. Their return flopped.

• Members

It's sad because the two of them were fun to watch, but they don't make the show and their exits certainly won't break the show either. Stories exist on islands on DAYS - there are no real umbrella storylines sans the glove right now and all their exits will do is change the Sami/Lucas/EJ storyline up.

And I consider there to be much to look forward to watching: Mimi's comeuppance, Patch/Kayla, Bo/Hope's inevitable reconciliation, the Glove's identity etc.

• Members

This so horrible to me! I don't know if I will be watching Days after this. All of my favorite actors are getting canned while we are stuck with rejects like EJ and Chelsea (and Mimi for now). I thought Hogan was going to be a miracle worker.

Carrie is a Brady dammit - how come she isn't important anymore?

• Members

There's a problem facing Days aside from budget cuts:

There are TOO many contract players competing for airtime...

sure, they can get rid of Patrick, Bonnie, Tek, Abe, Lexie....

but those people are barely on as it is. It wouldn't resolve

the issue of limited airtime for major players.

You can't go into real depth with a story if you can't play

the story out with a decent amount of airtime..

IMO the Austin & Carrie story has been lifeless, offensive

and redundant for several months now. Their story

had been played IMO

I hope there is a way to balance the airtime more, because

I don't want them to fire anymore of the major players

(i.e. supercouples...I couldn't care less about the teens

and quads, personally).

I was far more shocked by the firing of Matt Ashford,

because there was a lot of story left to tell for Jack

(which just surfaced with the return of his brother).

(And I am not even a Jack fan...)

• Members

I could care less about Peck but Clark, this sucks for. Carrie is just a historically relevant YOUNG character! And she was finally starting to gain ground and importance. Austin is pure dead weight. Sucks for Carrie though. I guess this is the last time we'll see her on our screen ever.

What sucks is that once again DAYS is eliminating (completely) its 30 something crowd. Lucas, Sami and EJ are the only ones.

DAYS has already let go many/many have quit, there is definitely going to be a change. But I will be watching so long as it is watchable!!

Mimi

Shawn

Phillip

Jack

Jennifer

Austin

Carrie

Frankie

With Bonnie and Patrick in the most likely slot??

• Members

CC is so talented. She's one of the only actresses who really hits me on an emotional level. If she cries over a broken nail, I'd almost considering shedding a tear for her over it. She's one of the most capable actresses they have. This such a waste. This is such a mistake.

• Members

You wouldn't know it from the amount of discussion their firing has brought about. It is rivaling the Jack/Jennifer threads when Ashford was fired.

They may not alone either, but add them to the J/J fans, and fans of others who might be fired, and Days may suffer.

Archived