DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

You know, if it was ONE of them. I might be like ...ehhhh. OK. Whatever. I can live with this. I'd be pissed they were breaking them up. But I'd deal with is somehow. This is such a slap in the face! F*ck you, DAYS!! F*ck you! I am going to be saying that for weeks!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know I have already quit watching - for various reasons I won't discuss here. I will say as I said once before this was my biggest fear.

I was afraid that with the cuts that would have to be made, than even Hogan might not be able to save the show.

It is perfectly normal for any of us to get mad about any of our faves to leave. But Days fans are a different breed. You mess with their couples and you won't survive. Even if William Shakespeare or Mark Twain or even the great Irna Phillips were to return from the dead - they couldn't survive if they messed with Days couples.

I don't understand Days thinking here. They have done away with 2 supercouples that they could have easily kept if they hadn't brought back Steve and Kayla. I feel sure that Corday had to know that budget cuts were going to come when negotiations came around. Or maybe he just thought they wouldn't be that severe. Who knows but it just seems like to me he felt that the fans he got back with Steve and Kayla would equal out the anger of the fans he lost over J/J and A/C.

I do feel that now with some of this coming out that J/M were the original intended couple to be fired. The exit for 2 months was a test to see what kind of reaction the fans would have. Evidently it was enough to convince him not to let them go. Not to say that he still won't.

It will be interesting to see what the ratings will look like at this point. They have had a lot to come back with Steve and Kayla's return. I for one left because of their return and a few other friends I have did too. Plus all the rumors about the return of the DiMera's forced all of us out too. We got out before it happened. Now I don't believe the rumors are true, but I have not missed the show that much at this point to want to come back.

Anyway we know that many J/J fans are saying they will quit when they are gone. Now many A/C fans are pissed off and say they will quit. Where will that leave Days in the ratings. Will the new fans and the returning Steve/Kayla fans make up the difference?

It will be interesting to watch all of this over the next few months.

I just thought of something as I was getting ready to sign off awhile. I guess this proves another of those rumors false. Wasn't the rumor that Carrie was supposed to be a different person under Hogan - more of a woman's libber / activist.

I just still wonder what of those rumors was true, and what was made up.

• Members

Its ashamed that Days treat their fans and the actors like this. I wonder ifthe actors was expecting this. Austin/Christie truly got fucked over.

Every since Days hired Hogan, it seems like they have been making bad decesions instead of good one. Austin and Carrie have history, isn't that what KC wanted to go back to.

• Members

Once Hogan Sheffer beings writing, DAYS will probably take over the #2 spot. I mean, the fanbase for Austin & Carrie isn't very big, compared to John & Marlena, Bo & Hope, Steve & Kalya.

When A/C both returned, neither of them made a dent in the ratings. What does that tell you? Once they leave, I don't expect the numbers to go down.

I'm sorry, but Austin & Carrie are NO supercouple, and that's why I'm not worried about the ratings dropping once they leave. I understand their returns flopped, but do fans really care about this couple anymore? They mine as well just sail off into the sunset. IMO.

• Members

I'm not looking forward to Hoagie either until I see a frickin Fall preview interview or some kind of preview.

What do I have to look forward?

Hoetrick's disgusting demon !@#$%^&*]!?

Bo, one of the few lovable characters left, ALWAYS getting the shaft?

Koslow and Pinson fired next?

Mimi torturing Shawn and Belle?

The Days of EJ's life!?

Watching Drake try to act!?

Everyone knows I defend DAYS to the DEATH. But I am PISSED!

• Members

I agree, daysfan.

Ironic considering a few weeks ago, my father said something like "The only thing worth watching lately is the girl who plays Carrie." I am sure my 'rents will be thrilled, as well.

I just can't get over this. As long as I live, I'll never understand this. I was raised on this couple! And this was their second chance, and I have been L O V I N G them.

• Members

ICAM. I like Austin and Christie, but I can see why Austin and Carrie are sent off into the sunset together. Budget cuts are mandatory, not optional, based on the contract that DAYS signed with NBC. Personally, I would haved axed John, Marlena and faux Roman, but they are VERY popular with some viewers and giving them pink slips could be seen as age discrimination. I understand why AC fans are livid and I don't blame them, but from the writers perspective there wasn't much more to do with Austin and Carrie. They have played opposite Sami and Lucas forever. I can't see Austin or Carrie as love interests in the Bo, Hope, Steve, and Kayla universe, and Austin hooking up with yet another of Carrie's sisters, Belle, would be seen as a little skeevy at best. Blaming the teens is silly - those actors are cheap and they appeal to a different demo. Blaming Alison Sweeney is bizarre - she stayed behind while Clark went looking for greener pastures, so people at NBC and in the audience are going to feel a greater loyalty to her. Blaming EJ is illogical - DAYS has badly needed a new leading man for some time now and if the new HW isn't happy with James Scott, then he will hire a different fresh face.

• Members

People need to realize this is not Hogan's decision. This is NBC's mandate to Corday that the budget needs to be cut by 700,000 that is a huge chunk of money. Matthew Ashford already has said that 10 actors are going to be axed. I have to say Christie Clark and Austin Peck's returns bombed to me. They were poorly written and this was obvious they would be fired. They are moving Alison Sweeney with EJ and they adore James Scott. Scott though does not cost anywhere near as much money as Peck and Clark do. Also Corday and Sheffer found that a rehash Sami-Austin-Carrie thing was beyond tired. Sami would not be wanting Austin and EJ/Sami are taking off. So we have Missy Reeves, Matt Ashford, Christie Clark, Austin Peck, Farah Fath, Kyle Brandt, and Jason Cook. I bet Judi Evans and Brody Hutzler are next. Also Mary Beth and Stephen Nichols were big expenses but IMO they have been more well recieved the Carrie or Austin. I would love to see Christie on another soap.

• Members

Wow. Shocked. I feel for both actors, especially Austin Peck because this is the SECOND time Days has fired him - He should start a club with Matt Ashford for # times being canned from Days.

I will miss Christie Clark, but Carrie has been ruined beyond repair. Carrie was part of how I got hooked on Days, together with Sami - a lot of people were engrossed in their 90's storyline - Christie Clark had the Q Power of a Vanessa Marcil or Melody Scott-Thomas back then.

That’s all been destroyed by SSM and JER. I thought A&C were a super couple until SSM coupled Carrie with Mike - I know a lot of people on this board will disagree, but I thought Mike was more worthy of Carrie. Austin abandoned Carrie to rescue Sami (even if it was non-romantic at the time), one could argue he betrayed Carrie and so Austin ended their marriage long before Carrie committed adultery. Mike was Carrie's equal in intelligence, reasonability, loyalty etc. Thus when JER bought back Carrie broken away from Mike and this farce storyline with Lucas and Austin totally wrecked the character - her return was so ill-conceived, she's beyond salvage. She has committed adultery twice, abandoned the strong principles she embodied in the 90's. Carrie can’t be part of a super-couple because I don't think Carrie can be redeemed and so she should be written off. I'm not happy about it.

I hope Nicole comes back to take Austin with her and Carrie returns to Mike.

Archived