DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

After this I am on the verge of not watching Days, I have been bored to death ever since Captive Island in 2004. When I heard around this time last year the A/C were coming back I thought I would finally have something to watch but I have been half liking them this time, I hoped Sheffer would do something with them but he didn't and it angers me... they could have just cut Tek, Patrick, Lexie, Abe or any of those other useless characters but no, they fire two of my favorite characters.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. I bet Corday and Sheffer both made the decision to fire them both.

I know you're mad right now, but IMO, they were completely filler since they returned in November.

It must SUCK for the actors to return to the show, only to find out you're going to be doing practically the same storyline as before.

I feel bad for the actors, but IMO, the characters are useless. Sorry if I offend you, KR. ;)

ABCD is also catching up. LOL

• Members

It's ok. I know many feel the way you do. But I think A/C have had some excellent moments since they have returned. Two weeks being the best so far. I loved their rooftop lovemaking session. Ughhhhhhhh.

Haha. ABCD does suck worse than NBCD, IMO. But I meant networks as a whole. Maybe if NBC hadn't flopped the last three seasons in primetime, they wouldn't have to slash the budget so drastically.

• Members

I AM GOING TO STOP WATCHING DAYS

With this news, I'm going to stop. Thank God the Netherlands are back in November 2004, so I can see the whole Carrie/Austin thing again. I never liked there stories of when they came back, but THEY made me watch Days in 1995, and I NEVER Stopped.

Now with Christie and Austin Peck leaving, and with Farah Fath, Kyle Brandt and Melissa Reeves I have no reasons to watch Days again. I do like Patrick, Abby, Max and Belle but they don't have good stories. So I guess Days will get boring with Marlena/John/Roman, Bo/Hope/Billie, Kayla/Steve, and Sami/Lucas/EJ.

I'm going to stop watching Days unless this is just a stunt for a new storyline involving those 2 actors. Christie and Austin don't deserve this. Why don't they cut Bonnie, Billie, Roman off ?? :blink:

• Members

I didn't expect this many SON fans to turn. I don't get it. Sure, they could have used them, but they COULD do a lot of things. I don't see how Austin and Carrie are vital to the show.

ETA: Stop watching? Really? I'm a fan of storytelling first and foremost. If there will be good stories, I'll stay. When Suzanne Rogers was fired, that is where true outrage should have been placed. Most kept watching. But Christie Clarke and Austin Peck are the last straw? Gimme a break. *Cough*Fair weather*Cough*

• Members

I like Austin and Carrie, but I'm not surprised, nor sad to see them go. Honestly, the Sami/Austin/Carrie/Lucas quad was tiresome and it needed to end. If only JER had decided to do something different, instead of rehasing the sibling swap of the 90s.

It is frustrating that the show is getting rid of actors and actresses before Beth and Hogan can really start things, and if Corday is insisting this show is going to rest squarely on the shoulders of Swamp Fetus and a bunch of Sweet Valley clones, he's sadly mistaken.

• Members

I agree that Austin & Carrie are no supercouple, but they are the embodiement of Days of our Lives from the 1990's together with Sami and Lucas. These four were frontburner for better part of a decade when Days built its newer generation of viewers.

I wouldn't tune out because A&C are gone, but I did start loosing interest when CC left in 1999 - I consider that the pivotal moment when Days went into decline, coupled with the SORASed brats and Langanville.

Archived