DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They shouldv'e just given Austin and Carrie a good storyline, I feel so bad for Christe and Peck..... I thought Sheffer wouldv'e given J/J, A/C a good storyline unlike JER, but instead they are all going..... Sheffer better bring in some old favorites then but if he doesn't I will tune out.

Did I just hear that Patrick will NOT be leaving Days?! NOW I AM FURIOUS!!!!

• Members

Everybody keeps talking about them coming back with no purpose. They all had a purpose - a stupid one but yes they had a purpose.

I firmly believe Austin and Carrie's only intended goal was to prop Lucas and Sammi. They did that. The story was a Lumi story from the get go.

Billie was only brought back to cause trouble with Bo and Hope.

Wayne Northrup returned to do the same for John & Marlena.

WArlock was brought in to be a prop for Jack and Jennifer.

Sad that they used these characters in that sense but that was what their purpose was. I figure Corday and Reilly felt that Lumi had more fans than Austin and Carrie, so didn't mind using them to prop them up.

With the amount of money that Matthew Ashford's letter said the budget was cut by, even these cuts won't allow them that much money to bring back too many or even one or two. Esp. someone like Eileen Davidson or Louise Sorel.

I don't think these cuts are being made to bring anyone back, they are being made because they have to in order to survive. MA said the budget was being cut by $700,000 per week. That is a lot of money to lose each week.

Considering the writing staff that they are rumored to be getting most of the cuts will go to pay their salary. It won't leave much to hire any old faves.

• Members

I'm appalled at this. These two actors both seemed so excited about being back and they've been wasted.

It really annoys me when characters that just arent used and arent needed (like Abe, because he's the token black guy), Roman (his point is?), Bonnie, Patrick, etc are kept on while two of the show's most popular and well known characters are being written out.

Sure, they didnt need to be put back into the quad with Lumi, but if Ari Zuker was still around, perhaps an Austin/Nicole/Carrie triangle, or they could have kept Matt Ashford and did an Austin/Carrie/Jack/Billie storyline.

What a waste. I feel really sorry for these two.

• Members

I agree, Steve. I think it's telling the rumours about Joe Mascolo & Thaoo have died down considerably. Stefano was supposed to be back by September/October yet we haven't heard a peep about it. I'm beginning to think that was a rumour repeated so many times people just assumed it was true.

Matt's article makes it sound like there has to be a NET loss of 10 characters. So unless they fire MORE than 10, they don't seem to have any financial room to bring people back.

I like Christie and think she is talented actress but she doesn't have anything resembling the profile and popularity of Ali Sweeney. And there would be riots if Sami/Lucas were cut ahead of Austin/Carrie (quite ironic considering how Lumi were once the hated interlopers)

• Members

Honestly. I was not even this mad when

- Joe M. was fired.

- Louise was fired.

- *ALL* ten victims of the SSK. I was disgusted when Alice was killed, but I was so enthralled by the stories I didn't care.

DAYS is just dumb for doing this. It's like they're alienating the fans of the 80s and early 90s by firing J/J. (I frankly didn't care.) And they are now pissing off mid-ninties to late nineties DAYS fans by doing this. They're screwing with two different generations. It's not smart.

• Members

The more I think about it the more pissed off I am. Ugh.

Hogan Sheffer better have some DAMN good stories. It's gonna be BORING seeing the same old characters day after day. That's what I like about DAYS, is that although yeah, there are some that are on constantly, there are so many characters and stories to play out, now there won't be that.

• Members

Wow..didn't expect to see this when i woke up and signed on..I'm pretty pissed..I love Austin and Carrie..I'm more upset over losing Christie Clark, as i was excited to see Hogan give her some meaty material..She's an emmy nominated actress you tool!!!!

Dammit...

Archived