DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have never met Austin or Christie, but I have friends who have and raved about how classy , fun and nice they are as people. I won't celebrate that they have lost their jobs. I feel badly for them & their fans :(

However, I have to be honest that I won't be sad to see their characters go. I feel like Austin and Carrie had a vapid, redundant (10 years going) and dull story. I didn't feel the chemistry. I never thought Austin was interesting in the least. I thought Carrie's recent storyline was offensively bad...I don't think there is a thing they could do to give her back any integrity she had left... Reilly stripped her of that completely. (Not that I was ever a fan). And if they have to cut the cast (and they do), Austin and Carrie needed to go, IMO.

• Members

This is just atrocious. These two are let go yet EJ, Patrick, Mimi, Bonnie, Abe, Lexie, and Roman are left on our screens to annoy us for another day?

I've never been so furious at DAYS in thirteen years. I didn't even mind the firings during the SSK. DAYS can [!@#$%^&*] suck my c*ck.

I've never been so close to tuning out as I am right now.

• Members

Well so far we know that Jack, Jenn, Austin, Carrie, and Mimi are out...5 people

If it is true that at least 10 will be going (not including Shawn & Philip who will likely be recast),

then we haven't seen the last of the firings yet.

There are rumors that Shawn Sr. is being killed off. (which I don't want to see :( )

If there have to be 5 more to go, I hope Tek, Patrick, Bonnie, and Billie

are among them. Or is Tek gone already?

• Members

I know the Lockhart's are rumored to be out, but it's such a slap in the face that my favorite couple is out before them. God, DAYS is really pissing me off. I guess I wouldn't mind it so much if I was really gripped and enthralled by things going on right now like I was during the SSK.. But I'm just not. Hope is a dumb whore, and I don't care about her demon seed with that closet case. Patch and Kayla are awesome, but they're on like one day a week. I don't love Stephanie/Max yet. E.J. sucks my ass. I'm over the black hand. Billie/Pinson's being wasted, and so is Koslow mostly. A/C are now out. The Devereaux triangle bores me. Things are not looking good for me and DAYS.

• Members

:lol::lol:

Tell me about it! Poor EJ. He's getting [!@#$%^&*] thrown at him for no reason.

Hello? "Days" CAN afford these actors. I don't believe they HAD to fire Peck or Clarke. I don't buy it. After trimming so much fat already, I'm just not buying it.

That said, I feel especially bad for Clarke who was so excited to return. Hell, didn't she beg for YEARS to return? And this is how she's treated.

I love "Days," which is better than it's been in a while so I"m not going to pull this 'I'm -tuning-out' routine, but Corday, I am [!@#$%^&*] pissed at you.

Make no mistake.

• Members

As much as I HATE Austin/Carrie, they should have been given a chance. I feel bad for their fans, and Austin/Christie. The past couple of months have been a waste, and they have been giving crap. Its going to be interesting to see how things come to a closure.

IA, that things aren't looking good with all these firing, even though Days has survived without Austin/Carrie. The cast is going to be too small, and I don't want a soap full of newbies. Hogan must have something BIG plan.

• Members

:angry::angry::angry:

I am NOT happy about this AT ALL. Especially with characters like Max & Chelsea still sticking around on my screen.

Poor Christie, she wanted to come back SOOOOO bad and finally they brought her back only to fire her before the year was up.

I am PISSSSED!! Definetly not happy with DAYS on this one, NOT AT ALL!!! :angry::angry:

I am STILL pissed over Matt Ashford and now this, these 3 were some of my all-time faves, I am DEFINETLY not happy! :(

• Members

They have really cut a lot of costs

Jennifer

Jack

Carrie

Austin

Mimi

Phillip

Shawn

Patrick

Tek

Bonnie?

Frankie?

I wonder and this only me thinking of further cuts are being done to add some other old favorites? Vivian? Are they trying to snag Eillen back from Y&R? If so both actress would be heavly salary players.

Archived