DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lucas, EJ and Max are all more interesting than one of Austin or Carrie to me.

The Austin/Carrie story this time makes no sense and is not interesting to me. How did it all happen? Sami decided she needed a consolation prize after losing Lucas, and that if she couldn't have Lucas she had to have Austin? That's stupid. She knows she's still in love with Lucas, knows he's still in love with her, knows she doesn't really love Austin but has decided she just HAS to have him so she can have SOMETHING now that she's lost Lucas? What kind of person does that? That's dumb even for Sami. The way the story was written, Austin and Carrie could've been any two people, because the story's really about Sami and Lucas wanting each other. The story has never been about Austin and Carrie because someone knew they were not interesting enough. And that whole Bob/Ted/Carol/Alice thing the four of them have going, living together and pretending there isn't all sorts of bad history and acting like perfect friends, is REALLY weird.

Then what was the rationale for getting rid of talented actors in the serial killer story?

• Members

I agree although, like KR, I enjoyed some early parts of their return. I didn't like how quick they reunited but once they broke up and finding their way back to each other aspect began again I was happy and was enjoying. They were boring as hell in the spring but now they are good again but there is nowhere else to go with them once they reunite.

• Members

So, everyone is saying the A/C story sucked, and they want them gone - regardless of what a new writer can do for them.

But when Abe, Lexie, Stephanie, EJ stories suck....you guys want to see what a new writer can do with them.

Nice.

• Members

Again, I think it has to do with the fact that a lot of those actors can act with good material. Austin and Carrie...well, I don't wanna be indelicate, but...

I don't care much for the actress playing Belle and I think if Belle, Shawn and/or Phillip have to stay on the show then they should all be recast. There will always be a twentysomething set. Meanwhile, Austin and Carrie are NOT twentysomething and have been gone for a long time, AND their story is a dud AND their acting is not so great. On the other hand, Stephanie and Max are new, have connections to families, can act and are ripe to be explored.

• Members

I feel bad for the actors, they got fucked over. But the characters was DESTROYED by JER. The writing really hurt the character, and its sad.

Carrie was a whinning !@#$%^&*] throughout the whole storyline and Austin acts like a hypocritical jerk.

• Members

I just mean she isn't played out. I think it is refreshing to see some new faces. Maybe you don't like EJ, Steph, Max, etc but there are many that do so and to make the assumptions that these characters aren't nothing to write him about is kind of unfair. You don't like them fine but others do.

I love ya KR and know you are upset and I hope all this heated debating doesn't make you mad at me but I just can't agree with most of your points in this thread :) .

• Members

AUSTIN AND CARRIE ARE PLAYED OUT!!! What more do you want us to say? lol There is nothing that the two of them can do. They were written as a prop for Sami and Lucas this entire time. Like someone mentioned, JER wrote them as a destined couple. The fans want to see them together. It's not believable when they are seperated because they love each other so much. That's why the affair storyline was so horribly wrong with the fans. No one would believe Carrie would cheat on Austin and now it's happenign all over again, only this time, she is cheating on Lucas. Carrie is ruined, plain and simple.

• Members

How are they played out? DOZENS OF US ARE WRITING EXCELLENT STORIES FOR THEM IN OUR BLOGS!

Phoenix, if you think Max, Stephanie, and EJ are going to counter Jen, Jack, Austin, and Carrie in fans' eyes, then you are so delusional! Sorry, but that's just the worst point I think I've ever seen you make.

And before anyone says "but you hate J&J!" Again, I will repeat - getting rid of two super couples in less than two months is just DUMB. And Jen was leaving anyway.

Archived