DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

I'm going to have to say that the release of Clark and Peck is not as nearly ballsy as the release of Matthew Ashford. I'm thinking Ashford had a way larger fanbase than either Clark or Peck. Half of the viewers thought Peck was a horrible actor anyway.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right I took over the first week of May and started trying to fix the damage done. I am still working on it and have added Alan to the mix. Days isn't going to do that. Fan fic and the show is different-we have unlimited budgets and fans of the real show don't want to see some of the things we write about in our blogs.

Getting rid of Jack was worse because there was more to do there but I don't even think that will kill Days. Let me know when Ali Sweeney, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Peter Reckell, or Kristian Alfonso leave and then I will say Days is in huge trouble. MBE and SN I would put in there too since they return sparked the show.

• Members

No one is saying that DAYS is headed in an amazing direction. No one knows yet. No one knows what Hogan has planned for DAYS. We are saying that Austin and Carrie DO NOT have an amazing direction and that's why they just got cut :)

• Members

You guys are saying it won't have a dent in the ratings, which is fine. But nothing has a dent in the ratings anymore. S/K, arguably one of the most popular superocuple of DAYS history, didn't have a big dent in the ratings. Sooooo, what does that mean? Get rid of them in 7 months?

And they might be doing it without J/J and A/C fans is what I am saying.

If you do not think there are angry A/C fans, you're wrong.

• Members

King, you talk about how worthless Abe and Lexie are, I can probably GUARENTEE you that if Reynolds and Jones' firings were announced tomorrow, there would be a much bigger backlash than this. These are two minority characters, two of the only 4 the show has. It's not wise to have a show with no minority characters. Look at Guiding Light.

• Members

They could announce Kate and Billie and all the Lockharts and I won't care. All those chars are pretty played out, too, even if I used to like Kate or Billie, and I loved her in the 90s, and even if I occasionally like Mimi. It's just the way it is, they've all got downward trajectory. Kate doesn't do anything anymore except flounce around and scheme against Sami and for her sons and daughter, and she did that for over ten years. Next!

• Members

Exactly. No one knows what will happen, who is coming, going, etc. I am waiting until I see the next four-six months before I decide if things are going good or bad. I want to give the writing a chance (which is pretty good right now) and the show a chance. They know they can't screw up-this is their last chance to ensure a long future of Days. They know fans are going to be upset but good writing and stories can and should make up for that.

• Members

I'm sure there are Austin and Carrie fans that are mad, and they should be. They also need to look at it in a business front. They are two expendible characters, which is why they were cut. Steve and Kayla have something going for them. Their storyline is new. Yes, it may not be as original as some, but look who created the storyline for them. They still have a future on the show. Jack had a future on the show but for some reason, TPTB didn't want Jack without Jennifer. I'm thinking we haven't seen the last of Matthew Ashford though. I have faith he will be back as Jack in 2007.

• Members

If Kate and Billie are next, then I am going to consider my future with this show. I just can't watch a show of people I don't care about, regardless of how much I care about the show. I'm not a f*cking massochist.

• Members

Actually I think Steve/Kayla started this ratings upswing. Days has been in 3rd place and hasn't been below a 2.6 since they came on (not counting the tennis week which they get a pass on). Nobody is saying that there aren't fans angry but, like Drew said, Abe and Lexie going would have bigger backlash because of who they are. I wouldn't worry though because Days is not going the GL route anytime soon.

Archived