DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked Christie Clark in the 90s, but I was also younger then, my memories may be a little too idealized, you know what I mean? I'm remembering what I want to instead of what actually was there? All I know is that I think she's been awful since coming back. Sad but true.

The reason people are making allowances for Jack and Jen I think is because MR is leaving no matter what and there is a certain decency to finally giving them a happy ending after all of Jack's deaths and exits. It just makes sense if there is no getting Missy back. Nobody can really blame the show for that one IMHO. On the other hand they're also great actors who have held the audience's interest for a number of years. A&C, not so much.

• Members

Drew is right and, even though I love them and thought they were hot, Carrie's affair really did ruin her a bit. Not to me but to many fans. I think both characters need a rest because JER's story put them in a corner and there really isn't anywhere to go for them right now. Maybe after a little rest they can bring them back or bring one of them and go in some new directions but right now they have to be together after all this and there is nowhere to go. I warned this would happen and always knew deep done. I honestly would be more upset about Koslow or Pinson because I feel they aren't played out and have many directions to go in.

• Members

King, you're just mad because no one is agreeing with you. I'm sorry, but we are all being realistic here. Everyone was so excited for Austin and Carrie's return. They returned, did absolutley nothing, and it's time for them to say goodbye. End of story.

• Members

I'm not living under such a thing. I'm living under, apparently, the same thing every other DAYS fan on here is living. We see that that Austin and Carrie are played out and we understand the firing of them both. You should realize that too.

I'm seriously going to doubt that DAYS is going to lose viewership because Austin and Carrie are leaving. DAYS survived 5 years without them, we can do more.

• Members

Well, KR, in my blog I started in May I managed to get a hold of Carrie and Austin at the right time when I started so I was able to get them in a different direction to tell stories. Blogs are different because we aren't making budget cuts :lol:

As for my point you claimed was delusional, I never said it would counter there loss but it is refreshing and all 3 of those characters you mentioned are very popular already. I never said they make up for anyone but they are well-liked and I know many enjoy watching them.

• Members

Who's next, Bo and Hope?

As much as I don't like Carrie and Austin, I think this is a bad move. They are two core characters that are tied to core families. They could move away from the Sami/Lucas storyline and have their own storyline. Backburner them for a while and start fresh. Or give them a month off and then have them come back. There are other people that need to leave before them *coughLockhartscough*.

Wrong move and so much potential wasted here.

• Members

Not everyone has a Neilsen box. Do ANY of us have those? Does ANY of us tuning in or out do a G.D. thing? No. But it's never good to lose fans.

A/C do have tons of potential left. They're played out? Ummm, she's only been back seven months. As I said, we all have found creative ways to keep A/C front and center. Saying that there is a difference between fan fic and the show has nothing to do with that.

They should have found other ways to cut costs and keep them on. This is a HUGE mistake. If the show was in an amazing place, IT WOULD BE ANOTHER STORY! It's NOT. It's not bad, it's consistently good, but it's not in a place to be making these ballsy moves. It's not #1.

• Members

You are absolutely right. Both you and King started writing when Carrie and Austin were still good. Take it from me, someone who just started writing for the show, the characters are shot. I have no direction for them and the one that I do have is not the best and I'm just testing it to see how the viewers like it. I have no long-term committment to the storyline.

• Members

Exactly and they survived without J&J too. Days will be fine. No one is doubting others are upset but I just don't see this destroying Days. None of the cuts made so far are going to kill Days.

It sucks they are leaving but it is a logical choice IMO. If they are played out, they are played out.

• Members

Austin and Carrie are just totally yukky to me. I feel sorry for Christie and Austin having to portray them. Dreadful story. I hope something can be written to give them a little more for the fans to remember them by than ugly things.

Those who love them, I feel for you. I'm sick over this Hope/Patrick mess and have decided to start FF through it. It's as lamebrain as what Austin and Carrie were given.

Archived