DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

As i said before Guiding Light's ratings started falling in 2001 they lost a lot of viewers fast very fast and that was 4 years before the budget cuts!! That will not happen to Days just because two actors who have not done nothing for the ratings were fired!!!!

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you go by what people watched 50 years ago, every single soap that's still on the air from back then would be unrecognizable. What the hell do fans think the show should do? Keep the same characters on? How would new characters and families be introduced? I hate when people talk about how unrecogniable a show is. That's probably a good thing because the new head writer has the balls to go down a differnet path.

• Members

I understand that you're upset and I'm sorry you're losing actors you care about, but there's a flip side to that. What if someone else considers Jim Reynolds or Renee Jones or Stephen Nichols or MBE more talented than Austin Peck and Christie Clark, and it's worth dropping them to save Jim Reynolds and Suzanne Rogers?

For me, and only me I do not feel that either AP or CC are proven talents like some of the others. CC has been awful lately in my eyes and so has the story. I just don't see why someone else should be cut for two people whose story has failed, and I used to like the couple a lot.

And that's the other problem: How did you feel when the show was killing off veteran after veteran in the SSK? Did you say it had to be for the show to move on and recharge? What's so different now?

• Members

I'm going to have to say the same thing as Darn. You cannot possibly convince me that Wayne Northrop, Matthew Ashford, Austin Peck, Christe Clark, Billy Walrock and Melissa Reeves' departures are making the show unrecognizable. Are we watching the same show? I'm still seeing Frances Reid, Suzanne Rogers, Bill and Susan Hayes, Deidre Hall, Drake Hogestyn, Mary Beth Evans, Stephen Nichols, Peter Reckell and Kristian Alfonso on my screen. I'm thinking it's the same show it's been all along.

• Members

These two firings are NOT THE END OF THE SHOW.

Now, if Dee, Frances, Kristian, Peter and Suzanne are given their walking papers, I would change my tune. But for a former 90s supercouple that got thrown into a blander than bland story and had a few good lines of dialogue? No way.

Sorry, I'm not going to get all huffy and tell everyone to shut up and say they're full of [!@#$%^&*]. Shawn with your above post, you have started to cross the line. Watch it right now.

If this is causing people to get so upset, then do yourself a favor and STOP WATCHING.

• Members

Ok, let's talk about other useless character. WTF has Renee Jones' character done so powerful over the past two years? Nothing but sleep around with that god-awful Tek. What has Abe been doing? Nothing. Nothing nothing nothing.

Christie should get more damn respect just b/c she's been with the show since she was a child. She's undergone being fired multiple times and STILL has a deep love for the show. She deserves better treatment, just like Matt Ashford.

I for one don't like Austin very much, but there are other characters who should be cut before Austin and Christie. That's all I'm saying.

Archived