DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've heard Hogan has more say than we realize. He's the one who wanted to write off Austin/Carrie. I can't confirm it but it's what I've heard through the grapevine and from other boards I've lurked and talked to people on.

Austin and Carrie going is not the end of the world. I agree they had potential and could have been written 10xs better.

Like posters have said, Jack and Jen, Austin and Carrie have all left the show. It was fine. And if you look at it, all of the SAME CHARACTERS besides Steve and Kayla, were there then, too.

And frankly, I love Marlena and at times John, but I really didn't even miss them at all during their 2-month break (dodges the rocks and death stares being thrown at me...). Maybe because I knew they'd be back, but still, I really didn't mind them gone at all.

We still have familiar faces, so the show isn't unrecognizable. And if Rogers, McCay, Parker, etc. were really raking in the dough, they'd probably be bumped to recurring. They aren't, so why bump them?

As for Reynolds and Jones, they'd take a paycut in a heartbeat, IMO. I'm sure others will. Unlike most soaps, I think DAYS has a fiercly loyal bunch of actors, regardless of a paycheck.

And again, like others have said, Reckell, Alfonso and Hall have all departed the show in the past. The show would survive without them. Neither three are going, IMO, but still ...

• Members

I don't think so. After all, Christie was a fan fave 'way back when' ('90s people...not that long ago!)

She was just begging because Corday was an ass and should've taken her back sooner.

Hm, not sure about the last part but I'm ALL about that first sentence. CC is an ASSET to this show.

Um, perhaps you missed it but discussion was raised about "fairweather fans."

I disagree that people should tune out because Caustin are gone (allegedly anyway, and if Corday has any sense he'll get them back and get rid of other dead weight, so to speak), but there WAS discussion about fairweather fans.

Well, it's different when it comes to the two together. Caustin SIZZLE!!! :wub:

Is it no different than John and Marlena (in the way I'm about to suggest): A LOT of people say Drake blows chunks at acting and Deidre carries him. Can't Caustin be the same way? :blink: What works with BOTH couples is the chemistry. The undeniable chemistry.

Well, imo, everything Steve and Kayla. They're just magic.

• Members

I'm with KR on this one. Call me nostalgic but I have cherished and ADORED the replay of the '90s, which was my favorite era of "Days," bar none. In fact, I'll be brutally honest. Ever since Carrie's first appearance, I SMILED NONSTOP at every scene she was in. Granted, that lasted just during the first three months she was back, but it's testament to my devotion to Carrie. Having Carrie back was the best. I can do without Austin but Carrie?! My God. CARRIE?!! Hell no. I just got her back, Cor-man! You can't do this to me!!! :(

• Members

Hye I vouched for you too :lol: .

I even helped you defend it :lol: . I wasn't as happy with it as you (particularly the quick reunion during the Holidays even though the romance was nice) but I did enjoy the corporate stuff and everything up until about the first week of April. After that, it sucked until June when it got good again.

You were not alone then and aren't now. I am upset about them leaving but, like others here, I just realize that there is nowhere else to go at the moment. I just hope at least Christie comes back some day.

• Members

TV GUIDE is reporting that Austin Peck and Christie Clark have been fired from "Days of Our Lives".

Matthew Ashford was at a fan event recently and said 10 characters are being written off the show.

Austin Peck is really upset because he was met at the curb arriving for work and given notice that he's fired.

My honest opinion on this---I don't really feel that we'll miss Austin and Carrie all that much.

Cleaning House is part of rebuilding a show, so I 'm not surprised.

I'm excited about the new characters Hogan Sheffer will introduce. I bet they'll be awesome!

Archived