DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

This is what us Jack/Matt Ashford fans have gone through many times before. In fact, I got so tired of being talked down to by 'better fans' or 'fans of the whole show' that I didn't bother to re-register when SON crashed months ago. I finally was in a good place again with the show and decided I wanted to start posting, and what happened? They fired Ashford again. :o .

It can be incredibly frustrating to be told how to watch a show and what to think. I've watched Days for about 18 years, and I don't need anyone to tell me what I should tune in and out for.

So, although I'm not particularly a fan of Austin and Carrie, I do empathize with you, and I know where you're coming from. It's tough to lose the characters you really like, particularly when you feel they've been handed a raw deal. I am hanging in there for now, though, because I have heard such good things about Sheffer. And I'm hoping for a Stefano return. :)

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sure you can but not for them in their current state. I know how frustrated you are but there is very little that can be done with them that the fans would like. You could do a corporate story but fans hated that when Days did it last Fall. Carrie could have a baby but that story would only give them a small amount of material and people are sick of the baby stories. As I said, Carrie/Anna could be done too but it isn't going to happen. That is what I mean by played out at this moment. Doesn't mean they can't come back but I do think the shows needs to give them a break so that when they do come back there will be lots of story possibilities open to them that aren't right now. If JER had not written them the way he have, there could have been many more ways to go and then I would be more pissed about this but he did and, unfortunately, they are going. Carrie and Austin aren't even the type of couple to rope into an adventure story with the other supercouples because they just don't seem like the type of couple who would battle the Dimera's or go on some huge journey. They always seem like the couple that should stay behind and just a normal, realisitic couple unlike the others who had those great 80's adventures. LUMI could do something like that but I can't see them doing it.

This sucks and no one is saying fans shouldn't be mad. All people like me are saying is that we understand why it happened and what the thought process may have been. I know fans of them are not going to feel the same but nobody expects you too. Your opinion matters and those that understand this decision have opinions that matter.

• Members

In my experience, new writers can be God-sent (B&C, Reilly at first) or Hellish (Dena, Langan, Reilly again). So there has always been the possibility that DAYS will get better. With good writers, it always manages to become very watchable.

While opinions may not be fact, the voices in this thread are very passionate. You're as passionate about your point of view as anyone else.

• Members

No one's telling you what to watch or not. If you're mad, then so be it. You have the right to voice your opinion.

Arguing over these 2 firings will lead us nowhere.

The BOTTOM line is Clark & Peck are fired! That's it, that's all.

KR, you can fight to the death over this, but it will lead you nowhere. Although it is fun. B) 19 freaking pages of arguing over this PAST couple is pretty fun.

On another note...

Couldn't agree with you more. Does any "insider" have any info as to IF Stefano will still be returning? I remember when Gabe said that he would return sometime in November...

• Members

DaysForever, YOU may not have said, but OTHERS did. Why people think they have the right to tell us to stop watching is beyond me. This is a discussion board. I'll discuss whatever I want. Stop replying to me then and I'll shut up about it.

• Members

It wasn't directed at you. I feel passionately about this, and I have a lot to say. If people are advocating decision, and I disagree. I'm going to say so. If people disagree with me, and reply to me. Fine. Hence the discussion. But me being told it's a done deal and "get over it" isn't going to get me to shut up about it.

• Administrator

Umm.....you do know that Gabe didn't mean it (curb) literally. Obviously he wasn't fired on the freakin curb as he stepped out of his car. LMAO

Sometimes you have to read between the lines.....read the subtext......or know when it's a joke. LOL

• Members

Yeah that was a joke King. I'm not telling you to shut up. I'm actually finding humor in your rants. I just think it's funny when Bree, who is usually one of the most mellow people on the boards, comes out and tells another memeber to shut up. Am I the only one who LOL at that?

Archived