DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly and who is to say these new characters aren't old characters returning. Not that new characters are bad. The show needs new blood and as long as whoever comes on can act. I still think there will be 1 or 2 new faces and a few returning faces in the immediate future and that is it.

I am sickened by how Peck found out he was fired though...on a curve :angry: . That makes me more angry then their actual firing.

• Members

Remember when JER first came on back in the early 90's...He got rid of Jack, Lawrence, Carly, and i think Julie...

And we got many new characters...Kate, Austin, Sami, Lucas, Kristen, Billie, Peter....some of my favorite characters introduced to Days..

When a new writer comes on, its natural for them to clean up house and add their own characters..I'm looking forward to what Hogan will do..with that said i will miss Austin, Carrie, Jack and Jennifer...But i'm still going to try to enjoy the show..

• Members

Exactly right and same here. New characters are needed at times and if Hogan's new creations are just as good as the ones you mentioned then it will be great. I still find it hard to beleive he will bring on many new faces. Some returnees and a few new faces (possibly some recasted younger Horton's perhaps?) and that should be it for the time being initially.

• Members

:o Ok, there story sucks right now!!

But why don't they give them another change??

I said it in the beginning, they never should have brought Carrie back like they did. It was better to give Carrie another boyfriend and then found out Austin was in Salem, so they could grow back to each other.

But that didnt happend. SO why do they NOT want to try another storyline for them??? And you cant tell me that Christie is a bad actress, I think she's good actres

• Members

Maybe not just with firing Carrie and Austin, but they are going to lose me with firing them and Jennifer, Jack, Mimi, Shawn, Philip leaving as well. Carrie and Austin leaving is just a reason that I'm going to stop watching. It's just tooo much :angry:

And what will be the storyline :rolleyes:

I agree. And if CC and AP where the only two leaving, I would still be watching. But now all my other favorite's are leaving too (jennifer,jack,mimi,shawn and philip). I don't care about John/Marlena, Steve/Kayla, Chelsea/Max/Stephanie that much to watch a show. And like already told in this post, EJ is just another Brandon. :mellow: Maybe I will start watching the show again when the stories are getting my interest. I would love to see Max&Abby together, or Lexie being a DiMera again, but until that I don't see anything that can get my interest.

Well YR did cut of Lauren Woodland and she was on the show for how long? 5 or 6 years??

So just something else. In my opinion Christie and Austin didn't fail. It was JERK who failed there come-back. They can write a new storyline for Christie, and maybe they should take a break for like 2 months (like John and Marlena did), but there is enough storyline for them , especially Christie,

• Members

I'm with Andre and Bree on this.

And that being said, I don't watch a show for a specific character or couple. I watch the show to watch the SHOW and ALL the characters, whether I like them or not. As long as I'm entertained, and given a decent story, I'm happy. Could things be much better? Of course. But we're on the right track.

And like Andre said, in a couple of months if things aren't working, then I'll start complaining, but we're not even giving him a chance to show what he's capable of. You may not have Jack/Jen and Austin/Carrie but so many characters are still there, and JER's shitty stories will be gone soon enough. Give it a chance.

• Members

I'm still hoping Jack might return in a few months, if Matt Ashford hasn't been hired by another soap.

I'll adopt a wait and see approach to Sheffer's DAYS: after Jack/Jen leave Salem, I'll probably be so pissed off, I won't watch DAYS for a while, but if the buzz about the show on this board and others gathers steam over the coming months, I'll be tempted to tune back in again. :D

• Members

Shawn: ICAM! Good for you, buddy!

Finally someone on this board who knows how bad Matt Ashford fans are feeling.

I wasn't a Carrie/Austin fan, but Carrie is one of my favorite female DAYS characters of all time - I think it was frankly stupid to fire Christie Clark.

Imagine if Dee Hall was being fired - I bet many of the DAYS supporters on this board, those claiming that the show will be better without Jack/Jen, Carrie, Austin, Frankie etc, you guys would be totally up in arms, complaining, threatening never to watch the show again etc.

I'm starting to wonder if Sheffer might be as bad, or even worse than James E Reilly. :rolleyes:

Archived