DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I find it really disappointing actually.

And the fact that you think it's funny makes me feel more disappointed and uncomfortable. And it also shows maturity levels.

I did not make anything in this thread personal.

• Members

Neither did anyone else. But for you to even say that, means you're thinking about this personally.

And as for maturity levels, because I find your rants funny, that makes me immature? I think it's immature that you're talking about how some of the other "Bad" actors on DAYS should've been fired before Christie and Austin. Who are you to say that they are "bad?" Judi Evans can run miles around Christie Clark and certainly Austin Peck. That's why she is still on the cast. TPTB sees something interesting in James Scott. That's why he is still on the cast. Brody Hutzler's Patrick may be getting some actual characteristics and that's why he is still on the cast.

• Members

Drew, look at almost all of your replies to me. They've been personal.

I think Ponz, JSF, RionPassions, Mulder, UKBoi, Shawn, daysfan, SteveFrame, and I have made our points. I hope all of these casting decisions pay off for DAYS in the end. But I can't see how it will. The stories will have to be phenomenal. A+ caliber.

• Members

Nothing that I've replied to was supposed to be personal. If you took it that way, well I'm not going to apologize for it because I did nothing wrong. It's just the way you took it. Like Ryan said, discussions on here can get heated. And if you can't take the heat... ;)

• Members

don't know if I should start a new thread, but since there was a mention of stefeno in this thread and weather he is coming back, well...

NEW SOW, found this at soapzone:

SOW Cover:

DAYS PREVIEW

Wedding Shocker - POOR SAMI! You Won't Believe What Happens This Time...(big pic of Sami and Austin)

Baby Truth Out! (pic of Shawn, Mimi, Belle)

Stefano's Return - "I don't lie" (pic of Joe Mascolo)

• Members

LOL, I'm not reading my posts to you like we're in third grade and a teacher is making us talk out our differences. The point is you took things personal, which you shouldn't have and that's why we're having this current discussion. Drop the personal stuff and get back to discussing soaps! That's all I'm going to say about that.

I wonder what they could've thought of this time to end Sami's wedding.

The truth is out, but they don't believe it. AHHHH!

I don't think Stefano is officially returning. It's probably an article about Joe being able to return and is just awaiting the official welcome.

• Members

Even with a respected writer coming on, that probably won't happen. Thanks to Higley, Langan, and the last half of JER, DAYS has been driven into the ground. It will be years before the show really recovers. However, I'm willing to stick around for it. I've seen DAYS during the good times, and I've seen DAYS when it was utter poop. While it may be complete agony to you right now, it's interesting to see what some new blood will do with the show. Where I'm coming from, it's very disheartening to see people tuning out because of Peck and Clark leaving. Especially when Peck was totally trashed during his first stint on the show. I don't think Peck is worth all this outrage though. I'm sorry, but that's how I feel. I don't hate Austin and Carrie, but they are not the end-all and be-all of the show.

• Members

It's not so much the actors mentioned that are "bad", it's the characters. I've said it before on here... I've always loved Judi Evans as an actress, back to her older days on GL, AW and DAYS. I can't stand this character and no amount of tweaking will make me like it. Brody's a decent actor given the right role, but Patrick's just been written so badly (is he bad? is he good?) that the character's useless. And don't get me started on what Reilly did to him with Bo and Hope, which is probably the reason why he's so hated by people on this and other boards.

I won't say Hogan's the second coming or anything... maybe DAYS fans who also watch ATWT can chime in on what they thought of him... but JMHO, he'll be a great writer for this show IF Corday can refrain from putting in his two cents and IF NBC can refrain from interfering.

That said, I didn't think this thread would go past 20 pages. It's as entertaining, if not more so, than the actual show itself at times. :lol:

• Members

I wasn't talk to you. I was talking Chanel.

Bree, I've been with the show through good times and utter poop, as well. And I don't think the show is awful now. I think it is consistently good. But I also don't think it's good enough to withstand ten cast cuttings if they keep going about cutting characters that have large fanbases - is all I was trying to say.

Archived