DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not unusual for the show not to comment or want others to comment on casting. It's true of any show on any network, really.

As for the timing of the release, this is DAYS and Ken Corday we are talking about. Not exactly a genius, is he? Plus--the rooting is Sami/Lucas/EJ and Austin/Carrie, so the wedding was never meant to be the rooting wedding. Like Chanel said, it has it's reasons, but it's not to make Sami/Austin out to be the rooting couple, that's for sure.

Carrie will likely discover she's pregnant from he rindiscretion with Austin and that will break up their marriages and bring them together. Mark my words. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to eat them.

• Members

Strange that DAYS releases a statement confirming A&C's departure just days after the news broke yet OVER A MONTH after the Matt news broke, they have yet to comment on it. We have only heard from "show insiders" and Matt/Stephen...nothing official.

Then again, I don't usually understand why TPTB do what they do.

• Members

I think it's very possible but not in the short-term. J&J's exit has already been written and their final tape date is tomorrow. Matt says the door is open for him to return but it won't be soon. Alot may depend on whether Hogan gets the ratings up and thus gets more power and a bigger budget.

• Members

From the little knowledge I have, I know that Hogan wants Matt on the show as Jack big time. Supposedly, he had two stories written for him when KC lowered the boom on Matt. From what I have heard, he is really really upset about it. So, I would not be remotely surprised if the ratings do go up and he is in the position to get things he wants, that Jack comes back.

Frankly, as long as Abby and Steve are on the show, there is always a hope for Jack. Plus, Days and Matt's silence on the whole Jack thing plus Steve Nichols interview that he expects Matt to be back speaks volumes.

As to the firing of Clark and Peck, all their fans have my sympathies. They were brought back with such promise and their characters were basically wrecked. I have never been a fan of Peck (I always preferred Muldoon) but I know how it hurts to have the rug pulled out from you.

• Members

I agree about Matt-he will be back all the signs are there. Hogan wants him, SN wants him-Matt almost seems ok with this so I have a feeling Jack will be back soon.

As for Peck, he isn't going to say anything probably because the show doesn't want him too. I also think he is hoping by keeping his mouth shut and being a team player they will bring him back someday since he never really got another steady job after Days. I am not being mean but Peck really did nothing acting-wise after leaving Days so it's fair to say he probably figures Days is the only place that he has a huge shot to have a gig at unless he chooses to go back to modeling, which I heard he was considering before Days hired him back. As for Christie, when she does speak out don't expect much fireworks. She will be good about it as she hass left before and she understands it is a business. I remember her on Soaptalk before we all knew she was returning (Ali's baby shower I think) and she mentioned wanting to come back on Days but that was enjoying being home and all the time off so she could travel and stuff. The mags made her out to be begging. Yes she called many times to say she was available and wanted to be back but she was not on her hands and knees like some are saying. Unlike Peck, CC could've gotten another acting job on a soap or anything for that matter. It was just a matter of her wanting to go to Days first and not being in a rush. She will still be loyal to Days after this-her husband owns a restaurant and they are doing fine. She will be fine and while it will bother her leaving, she isn't going to be devestated and bitter (Now that would shock me). She knows she may be back one day. In fact, I am sure she will but not as quick as Matt.

• Members

And also, I believe Abby is going to be staying with Steve and Kayla, which is a great idea. When/if Jack returns, they can always say Jen is busy caring for JJ and maybe a new baby as well, and work from there. Hogan's Craig was similar on ATWT, pretty much estranged from Sierra, though I can see Jack returning still happily married offscreen...at first.

• Members

Thanks for that, Chanel, but I repeat F*CK YOU, DAYS!!!!!! F*CK YOU, HOAGIE!!!!!!! Shifts in casting. F*ck you. It's the wrong shifts, you morons. UTTER MORONS!!!!!!

I have a little funny story. I went to mom's work this morning, and I was talking to all the little nurse's there. They're hilarious cuz all they do is talk about DAYS and GH. :lol: Anyway, clearly all I do is talk to them about DAYS. They always ask me about things that are going to happen and stuff cuz they know I'm on here. I told them about the huge budget cut and how Jen is leaving and Jack, Austin, and Carrie were fired. They were PISSED!!!! Like unhealthily angry for nurses. LOL. The last time I was there, they asked if Jack was dying, and I said he signed a new contract so this time they were like what!!!! but you said he signed a contract! :lol: Hilarious.

I also told my sister-in-law, but she's 26 so she's young so she loves A&C a lot cuz she also grew up with them. For the last year or so she's caught it as often as possible, but she went back to taping EVERY DAY in May cuz of S/K. Now, she says the only reason to watch is Steve and Kayla. My parents say the same. But they're all just sick of J/M and B/H and loved seeing A/C again. And they hate Chelsea. So, clearly they don't have much to tune for.

Maybe S & K will move into the Devereaux house. They can't stay at the Brady Pub forever.

Archived