DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

And you don't think there are Bonnie fans out there? SHIMI fans? HOTRICK fans? Have you been to Soap News and Scoops forum in a while? They love Patrick and Hope. They love Shawn and Mimi. What's to say that Austin and Carrie aren't as important as Shawn and Mimi?

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Umm, we wouldn't have the Reeds, Bradys, Deverauxs, etc. if the Hortons weren't cut. And IMO they are the core family of Days of our Lives, are they not? The Hortons had to be cut for us to even be introduced to the Bradys. And that was done over 2 decades ago! I think the show is going to be fine introducing new families and characters. That's how you grow a show.

• Administrator

Well, I wasn't there when AP was fired, so I don't know EXACTLY where he was told of his firing. But I'm pretty sure he wasn't told on the curb at Burbank when he got out of the car. That's just absurd. LOL

He was probably told by one of the producers in an office.

• Members

I don't really want to get into anything in this thread, but as a Shimi fan I'm absolutely livid with this show for getting rid of them. They were immensely popular in the beginning, but I feel like Corday interfered and didn't want that to get in his way of precious Shelle. So, he had Jim Reilly write Mimi with this huge secret to make her the witch so everyone would hate her.

I can understand how King Reilly feels about A/C to have other posters come in and say that these two are not needed, because I had to live through the same thing with people here posting how much they hated Mimi AND Farah. So, I understand what KR is saying. It's never nice to be on the receiving end of people celebrating a character or actor's demise.

• Members

There is a quote from Bruno, Peck's agent, in the TVGuide article saying he was called up to the Producer's office out of the blue.

Maybe someone used the phrase "kicked to the curb" and it was mistranslated or something. :lol::mellow:

• Members

I can understand why someone would interpret this the wrong way. It says he was arriving to work, so one must assume he didn't even get inside the studio, but I don't think Days would be so cruel to fire someone outside of Burbank, thats just wrong. Who knows.

• Members

Well said.

No one wants to see anyone go and everyone is different in who they want to see go and not go. You can't please everyone and Days knows people are going to be pissed. Cuts have to happen though and hopefully the writing and any returns they have planned will help ease the pain. Stefano is a good start.

:lol: I knew Peck didn't get fired on a curve-it just sounded funny in a bad way. I am hoping they at least called him up to an office.

So Sami and Austin really get married? Ok now that is a shocker if true. I doubt they make it through the reception though-when does the wedding start?

• Members

Well, I don't know if its 100 percent true that Sami/Austin get married, but I am 85% sure they get married.

AP, blog hinted that a wedding actually happens, and Ali and AP, told some fans in greenville that Sami wasn't going to be humilated at the wedding.

Archived