DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

I believe the bottom line in all of this is diehard Days fans need Hogan Sheffer to do an interview to outline what his plans are. It's the fear of the unknown that is driving the long time fans into uncertainty that their favorite soap is going to be unrecognizable.

I'm not worried about Sheffer's writing per se, its just the fact that Corday always seems to have the last word about it. And that's not a good thing.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not worried about Corday's interference, because, as far as I'm concerned, the important writing nuances have already been changed. The pace. The dialogue. The Salem Brain becoming community again. People interacting with other people and not just in their bubble. These small things make the show enjoyable on a day-to-day, which is what really matters.

• Members

*The SON server shudders at the thought* :lol:

Seriously, I don't believe anyone on the show- with the exception of Frances Reid- is not expendable. B&H and J&M have both been off the show for extended periods and it's done fine without them. There was all the furore over J&M being backburnered for 2 months but the ratings actually went UP a couple of points in their absence. If Deidre were fired, it would be harder for Hogan because many fans would instantly turn against him. But the basic scenario would remain the same...if he writes good, compelling stories for the remaining characters...the ratings will improve.

• Members

Wow, this is a fun thread! At least Christie and Austin can hear that there is 19 page thread (in 24 hours) discussing their dismissal.

I do agree with the AC fans that the Lockharts leaving town should have been announced first, and Peck should not have been fired on the sidewalk. :angry:

I have the unpopular opinion that more than ten characters should be cut if that is the only way that the new HW will be able to bring new characters to Salem. I like Billie, Kate and Lucas, but they are expendable IMO. I would send Shawn D and Belle and their two kids off into the sunset as well, and start a brand new 20-something set. I would kill Roman off for good, and I would do it before Christie leaves, thereby giving both her and Alison some great material. Now compared to Sheffer, I am really brutal! Before I get bombed, I should say up front that Bo and Hope have been my favorite couple since childhood, but I stuck around when Reckell and Alfonso left before and I would do it again. The only time that I really got livid with the show was when Mrs. H was murdered with one of her doughnuts. I have never forgiven JER for that, and I never will. But I still love DAYS, it's the writers that I sometimes hate! :P

• Members

:rolleyes: Not really. People are sick of giving DAYS a chance.

I wish DAYS loyalists would stop running around this thread acting like their opinion is fact. Guess what? It's not. We're pissed. It's our opinion, and we're entitled.

And those that think Corday sucks and will always ruin DAYS no matter who the writer is? Yeah. They're entitled to that opinion too. Because they're probably right.

• Members

I agree and it has been great. I wonder though if this was a Sheffer move because, as I have said, Austin and Carrie had nowhere to go at this point so Sheffer no doubt recognized putting them together and then sending them off was the way to go. There was no way you couldn't reunite them because of how JER wrote it and now they are in a bit of a corner. MA and CC I can see coming back at some point but Peck is gone. I have to wonder if Peck's attitude about things at times is what made it easier to cut him too. CC has left before and come back so I think she would. I think she knows things didn't go well this time and knows it's business. I can't wait to hear their reactions though. Peck is no doubt going to be furious. I just want to hear the details behind this and I want a Hogan preview so that we all know what lies ahead. I agree that the unknown is scaring people and that has been the case since these cuts started. Days needs to give some reassurance that things are going to be fine and a Hogan preview is the way to go so people can judge and have some kind of confidence the show will continue it's upswing.

Archived