DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's easy to see when you add it to the others.

Austin.

Carrie

Jack.

Jennifer.

Mimi.

Shawn.

Even Phillip and Patrick.

This show is being replaced with characters (and in Shawn's case a recast) like the tweens including Max, Chelsea, now EJ too. While the long term familar faces and characters that belong in Salem are being axed.

I don't see ATWT cutting Holden and Lily, getting rid of their vets. Look at Y&R they keep their characters and veterans flourishing and building on them for years to grow. They don't fire them all to make budget and bring in cheap ringers.

This is just wrong for the show.

• Members

Because the show knows that Dee Hall is Days of our Lives. She will never be released unless she goes willingly.

Carrie and Austin? Sorry but they are two characters that can easily be replaced in the hearts of the fans.

• Members

Yeah. I won't lie. The storytelling countered the exits for me! I was excited.

And if she does go willingly because of the budget (doesn't want to take a huge cut)..........it's fine and dandy because it's just business?

• Members

They are getting rid of a total of 4 vets. I will never consider Austin Peck a vet, I'm sorry. I don't think they're replacing them with newbies. It's just part of the game. That's how shows work. People complain because DAYS has no other families besides the Hortons and the Bradys and everyone is related, and then when the show tries to create other families (Lockharts, E.J.), fans hate the idea.

The show still has Hall, Hogestyn, Reckell, Alfonso, Evans, Nichols, Reid, Rogers, Reynolds. They are the true vets of the show and that's why they are still on the show.

• Administrator

Let's see what happens when Y&R's contract is up and when CBS forces Y&R to make budget cuts. I bet you a couple of those long time actors will be fired too.

And remember guys, let's keep it clean. We don't need to be calling anyone names. It looks like we have another huge DAYS thread.....and I don't want to close it. ;)

• Members

Fans would be upset, sure. I'm not saying they wouldn't be. I am not arguining with you because you are upset about Austin and Christie leaving the show. This arguement, or from the point I entered, is about you not owning up to the fact that it's a realistic idea to write out two characters that have brouthten nothing onto the show since their arrival almost one year ago.

• Members

Days ratings well never fall like Guiding light's have!! That shows ratings fell from a 3.2 to a 2.5 in just one year a fall like that well not happen on Days!!!!!!

I also want to add i have been watching Days for a long time since 1982 and i think Carrie and Austin were a good couple in the 90's but since they have returned they have made me want to throw up my lunch, I am so tired of those two whining about not being able to be together god if they really love each other so much why have they both moved on with other people? Why don't they just run away together like any other normal soap couple?

• Members

They do have fans. Their fans should be mad. But can you honestly say that you've enjoyed their second time around? Neither character has been in character since their arrival. Carrie is making the stupidest decisions she's ever made. Marrying a man because she wants a baby? This is not the Carrie from the 90s. The Carrie I knew an loved was a strong independant female. She didn't need a man for her to live her life. Austin is still in character because his character is so one-note, just please the woman he is currently with while having one on the side. It never changes. He was with Carrie and had Sami. He was with Sami and had Greta. He was with Sami and had Nicole. He was with Sami and had Carrie. That's not very good material worhty of them staying, IMO.

• Members

I CAN honestly say I've liked their return. I really can. I'm not just saying that now since I am mad about this. Maybe some posters remember me liking it and saying how much I like it? Phoenix? Keith? I don't know, but yes, besides Carcus wedding, I really have liked their return. I liked High Style. I liked A.R.C. I liked A/C Christmas/NYE week romance. I liked the ACR takeover reveal when CC went nuts and Carrie smacked him. I liked seeing CC get emotional everyday. I think she's uber talented. I like their sex session on the roof. I did like their second run! Haha.

Archived