DAYS: 2 Big Firings...

• Members

There is so much story potential with Carrie and Austin. Days sucks big time! I feel sooooooo bad for Christie Clark bc she wanted to come back for so long, and has only been wasted and mistreated. Hopefully another soap (like Passions) will scoop them both up and recapture the magic somewhere else.

If NBC had balls, they'd do a Days spin-off with Carrie and Austin, and other fan favourites.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Rion, there were actually heavy rumors that JER or NBC would create a "Days" spinoff starring the SSK victims so, funny you should say that! :lol:

Anyway, I doubt Carrie and Austin's magic could be recaptured on another soap. Corky, I mean, Corkass, would have to sign over the rights to use the characters. Peck and Clarke could be hired on as a new couple but I doubt that would happen. And really, it'd be silly. They BELONG on "Days."

Thanks a LOT, Cork-ass!

• Members

I think there are strong signs this is where the show want to go. Lumi were virtually DEAD IN THE WATER for several months and then...BANG...they have these heavy, erotic dreams about each other. I do not think the writers would go to these lengths to re-establish their feelings if they did not plan some sort of reunion in the future. Although I DO think there will be a lengthy triangle involving EJ, I don't see any big Sami/EJ romance in the future. IMO, EJ will ultimately be portrayed as a villain. Jack remarks in today's episode that he "uses women like Kleenex". And there is clearly some connection between him and the MGH.

• Members

Well that is very weird to see him waxing lyrical about all the great changes happening. We know the firing is definite because Michael Bruno (his agent) gave a statement to TV Guide about it.

Perhaps he typed that last week and the webmaster only just got around to posting it.

• Members

But they didnt give any info about when Kyle was going to air for the last time and for Austin & Carrie they said the end of October or November?? And now there saying it's going to be a happy end. So it's weird that Austin doesnt say anything about it. I'm still wondering if this is just set up to get more viewers for a new storyline involving Carrie and Austin ???

• Members

Well, they are most likely leaving durning novemeber sweeps, so they are probably going to have the biggest wedding of the century type thing. Austin/Carrie fans are getting their happy ending.

The reason, they haven't gave any info about when Kyle is leaving because they are afraid that Kyle's last airdate will give the storyline away, or something like that.

• Members

I'm sorry but that doesnt make sence. Austin is now going to marry Same this week. and we now know that Austin is leaving with Carrie and an happy ending. So why would people tune in to watch his marriage to Sami?? :rolleyes:

Do you remember 2002? When it looked like Lexie got killed of but all the people in Salem knew it was a plan to save Hope from Larry Welch. Happy we are getting something like that with Carrie and Austin. Maybe they want us to think they are going away while they are still on the show or coming back?? Or maybe it's just me hoping it's something like that :unsure:

• Members

I have no idea, why Sami/Austin are getting married, but thats what divorces are for. And this is Days, and in reality a divorce is a long process, but this is a soap so it will only take about a week. LOL

Well, Austin/Carrie aren't getting "killed" off, and back in 2002 Days wasn't having any finacial issuse as they are having now. They are letting people go, we know this, Austin/Christie weren't the first, and I am sure they won't be the last.

• Members

I know they can get a divorce in a day in Salem, I wasnt talking about why Sami and Austin are getting married. I was talking about bad timing to release this news. If Days doesnt want to talk about Philip leaving because of storyline , while would they want to talk about Austin leaving because his storyline with Sami is on top right now. They are getting married. So that doesnt bring viewers to the wedding if they know the wedding doesnt stand. Why would they confirm the news right now, and not waiting for a 2 or 3 weeks?? It doesnt make sens.

• Members

At least Jack/Jen and Austin/Carrie will get the happy endings they deserve. Sure it sucks to lose them, but at least they will ride off into the sunset happy. Unlike Patch/Kayla and Kim/Shane fans who were screwed of happy endings. At least Patch/Kayla may get that now. And last time Austin/Carrie left, they left years apart.

At least the four characters aren't being killed off.

• Members

Well I dont agree with you. I don't want a happy ending. I think it's boring like they wrote of Chloe and Brady. I want Jack and Jennifer to have a happy ending but not Carrie and Austin. I do want them together, but not offcreen. So give them huge material to write them off, maybe just kill of them. If my favorite couple is leaving, don't do it in a boring way.

• Members

With Phillip, we really don't know whats going to happen. Is he going to get killed, go back into the marines, or are they going to recast him. Who knows. With Austin/Carrie, I think most can assume they are leaving togehter, and that why Days probably figures it ok to talk about. I don't know. I am just speculating like you are.

And from what I read, this was in the wroks for awhile now. Every since, Hogan came abaord back in June/July, Austin/Carrie was on his list to get the shaft. So the writers had plenty of time for a rewrite. This Sami/Austin marriage is to serve a purpose I think. I think its to make Sami realize that Austin isn't the one.

Archived