Y&R: August 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

So Mal gets hired as HW because he shows them his wonderful 6-month plan for story, and they the new send out this detailed survey? OK then.

No wonder so many couples and stories on this show are messed up or going nowhere.

THANKS to those of you who mentioned today's scenes with Dina, Gloria, Ashley, Nikki, and Jack. We got some great stuff there with solid dialogue and sharp acting. Instead, I come here and find 2 pages of LET'S RECAST THE SHOW. 

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@Vizion Thx for link to signup for surveys. 

@ranger1rg as I noted in my 'review' of Friday (US), parts were really outstanding (the Jabot scenes) while the rest was incredibly awful. It was hard to believe I was watching an episode with such extremes. I believe we're going to a lot of that during next 2 months as they try to flush out SSM stuff to lay foundation for Mal's work. 

• Members

@Vizion thanks for responding to my questions and the link and screen shots! I am thinking of signing up because I would like to express my view on the show. I guess I have to give it to Y&R, they really do want to know! Even if it is to write a show by committee -- or by focus group.

@ranger1rg I think the days of a bible are long gone sadly. Potential HWs now probably just pitch an idea or two, usually featuring TPTB's fave characters or couples (since Sony/CBS seem to think they have marketable couples in Philly, Phick and Villy). Boom! You got a job headwriting a soap!

• Members

Can't lie I'm starting to lose interest, just based on recent developments/speculation:

- I have nothing against Rikaart but the show does not need Kevin

- I don't think Y&R should be touching this trafficking storyline at all

- Not looking forward to seeing the inevitable downfall of Juliet and reunion of Lily and Cane

- Amelia Heinle unfortunately seems to be low energy again

• Members

My goodness, could SSM have more deep-seated h8 for Hilary? Knowing Hilary's history, I'd believe her reaching out to Mattie was genuine and not to get dirt. And this was the first really bad (forced) writing for Lily in a few weeks. The nonsense that if Hilary didn't get Juliet to file the suit, her world wouldn't be crashing down. C'mon! After Lily being strong,  no way she'd feel this way - the suit exposed Cane as a liar and cheat. Better approach: Lily thanking her - even in a backhanded way - that would felt genuine. But this was all done for purpose of trashing Hilary, probably to set-up inevitable Bordon, someone not worthy of Queen H. 

Archived