DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bo isn't dead, he's just away in Europe visiting family or something like that. Hope hasn't heard very much from him and feels lonely though. Hope has been shown doing police work, being an ear for Rafe, and being involved in championing Nick. She is also working with Eric on a prisoner rehabilitation program to help transition prisoners being released to the outside; unbeknownst to them, the first ex-con they are working with is an ex-cellmate of Nick's who attacked Nick in prison.

Friday's episode --

I hated the fight between Sonny and Nick. This is what soaps and the media do unfortunately, they always have to resort to the easy violence, most of the time without showing the effects of violence.

I liked Gabi promising Will he will be part of her baby's life. I don't think Nick can convince her otherwise after the baby is born. Too bad she still doesn't see Nick for who he really is though.

I liked Eric and Brady's talk. Brady is still worried that he is cursed. I like that Eric said he would try to focus on how happy Kristen makes Brady, although he hasn't forgotten what Kristen did to Marlena. Eric has forgiven Kristen and wants her to have a long and happy life -- just not with Brady, but he'll still try to be happy for Brady. Also loved Kristen's interaction with EJ and Sami. This is now clearly the best story on the show in my view.

I like that Chloe does know Daniel well. He loves intensely, and when he loves, he will not cheat on that person. She realizes that. I felt the writing was strong at showing things from her point of view. I was hoping it meant she was going to move on, but alas, no.

I agree with Soaplovers that a better triangle would involve characters who all have good and bad points. But on the other hand, the show did do that recently with EJ, Sami, and Rafe, and although it was before my time, it seems that went on far too long and Sami just kept bouncing from one to the other. The danger with a triangle where both sides are equally rootable is that a large fanbase develops on both sides, becoming locked in to one vs the other, and one or both sides eventually get pissed off, perhaps vowing to quit the show. The best example I can think of of this in my soap watching experience was with Sonny/Brenda/Jax and the fan wars that happened on GH.

• Members

Friday was definitely the best episode of the week for me, minus the Dannifer afterglow vommit.

I thought the fight between Nick and Sonny was excellent. Not only did it serve as a vehicle to highlight Nick's inner rage and anger, but it also showed us his achilles heel - his fear of being sent back to prison by breaking parole. I wonder if that was Sonny's real intention (to provoke a fight to get Nick to break parole) or if he was just reacting on instinct to the gay slur. If both, Sonny is smarter than I thought. If just the latter, at least Sonny has a backbone, unlike his significant other...

I really liked Gabbi too. Showing some principles makes me think she really has grown and learnt from her mistakes last summer, like she claims. Banus plays what the role requires very well - I guess it isn't very demanding and most actresses could and should be able to pull it off, but then again a lot of actresses would be OTT. Banus doesn't succumb to that.

The Eric/Brady and Ejami/Kristen scenes were nice too.

Nancy bringing up history (a Vivian mention wub.png ) and trying to talk sense into Chloe was great too. But I fear Chloe has snapped and will quickly decline into a stock role psycho now *sigh* All for Dr.MagicPenis *double sigh*

I was thinking back to scenes earlier in the week - when Hope asked Vargas if she knew Nick. Hope always interferes, so that doesn't bother me, but really why didn't she ask Nick if he knew Vargas before bringing a dangerous psychopath intent on revenge to Salem? She didn't even have to tell him why she was asking, which could have avoided whatever is coming up. Just proving again that Salem has the worst police department in the world.

• Members
Whenever Hope has attempts to discuss Nick's time in prison, he gets very defensive and says that part of his life is behind, that's he's OK. Of course, it's seems something very traumatic happened to him while serving his time. And I agree, there is so much rage in him stemming from that time. I got that sense when used the F word toward Sonny. So far, I think the writers and BB are doing a good job with his storyline.

I'm so happy my spec about the writers not wanting to destroy Gabi and Will's relationship seems to playing out on screen.

• Members

That shouldn't have stopped her from saying to him "Hey, Eric and I are piloting a new prisoner outreach program and we're bringing on a guy you may know, Vargas. What can you tell me about him?" Not so hard. Nick didn't need to tell her that he was his prisonwife or whatever, but simply that the guy was bad news. Anyway, its minor quibbles from me, because it is in character for Hope to do something like this. I'm loving this story. I'm enjoying all the stories on the show, except one - take a gander which one that is lol.

• Members

^^^ Outside of the lack of sexual/romantic chemisitry between the actors, it's FS's acting. Listening to him deliver his lines is like nails on a chalk board. He sounds so flat/monotone the majority of the time. Between he and GG with their flat line delivery and GV with the constant whispering of his lines, I don't know who annoys me the most.

• Members

I like Freddie Smith .. I think he is a good actor. But I sure wouldn't say no to Trent Garrett.

I like Will, Sonny, and WilSon, but the big impact Brian made with Sonny suggests to me a couple that would have worked better would be for one to more charismatic like Brian. Will and Sonny are both relatively subdued and while I like that fine, others may not.

• Members

Just finished watching my marathon of this week’s DAYS episodes. Here are my random thoughts.

• I’m going to need Marlena to go back to the 80s and 90s and retrieve her backbone.
  • Nicole was a sassy black girl in her former life and Nancy was a bitchy drag queen in her former life
  • Cameron is a beautiful mocha chocolate god and Vargas is a beautiful talking penis.
  • Jennifer needs to get a job.
  • Why does everyone have the same boring Nextel ringtone on their cell phones?
  • I am convinced Shawn Christian is sleeping with somebody at Sony or NBC. That is the only explanation of why he is being shoved down our throats everyday as a lead character in an A story.
  • I’ve decided to make up my own backstory about Bo. He and Billie are back together and Hope is too embarrassed and proud to let people find out so she is keeping it a secret.
  • I officially hate John Blah (not a typo…)
  • Cameron clearly has a gambling problem.
  • As much as I love Eileen Davidson’s portrayal of Kristen, she is too good for this show. She needs to be in primetime. She’s such a great actress!
  • The only triangle Jennifer ever worked in was the Jack/Jennifer/Peter triangle in the mid-90s.
  • The music on this show has gotten a lot better. No more cheesy Casio presets.
  • Is it a sin for Eric to wear regular clothes every once in a while? So tired of seeing him all covered up in that priest get-up. Wish he was the hip cool priest.
  • Nadia Bjorlin seems to like how the writers continue to ruin her character. She always comes back for more
  • Did anyone else catch EJ flirting with Sonny with that “Don’t you think it would be fun” line? I love it when James Scott plays EJ as bi-curious!
  • It’s so ironic that in a church, the bad (Nicole) is the one trying to protect the good (Eric) from the bad (Vargas).
  • I love it when Sonny gets angry. He is much more interesting. He’s definitely the top lol
  • LOL @ the “ding” when Kristen showed her engagement ring to Sami and “EEEEEge”
  • I have never ever heard the word “fa—ot” spoken on regular tv in my entire life. DAYS is really taking risks to make Nick’s homophobia more real. The phrase “gay boy” just didn’t cut it and was very elementary school.
  • Nick can’t fight, no wonder he was Vargas’ bitch in the penn.
  • Brady is going to end up leaving Kristen at the altar.
  • I like Patrika Darbo, but she is walking a thin line of scenery chewing.

Archived