DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have watched Days on and off literally my entire life. J&M have always been my favorite, well mostly Marlena. I haven't watched regularly in the last couple of months, but I am watching the week marathon now on Soapnet. Can I ask why the hell John is so mad at Marlena? Is it a ruse or are they truly on the rocks? I feel like they have been through so much and Kristen/Brady drama should not be enough to break up a marriage.

• Members

No he's truly angry with her. Marlena found out about Brady and Kristen and kept it to herself. It was implied that part of the reason she did it was bc if Kristen was with Brady, then she wouldn't be with John. That lack of trust really pissed John off and he left her and town a couple of months ago. He only recently returned but things haven't improved between them

• Members

Well, that's lame. I feel like devil possession, fake serial killing, gilded cages, multiple presumed deaths, him not actual being her dead husband Roman, etc. are kinda bigger obstacles than Marlena lying about Kristen and Brady. I have always been super confused about adult Brady's relationship with Marlena. He called her mom when he was a kid, but there has always been a weird animonsity between them with both adult Brady's. How contrived.......I seriously thought John was putting on a show for Kristen and Brady.

• Members

It's a little bit of both ... John is mad but it was also a ruse.

Yes, John was truly mad at Marlena because she kept the secret about Kristen/Brady and Marlena admitted she was even kind of relieved Kristen was with Brady and not John.

However, when he came back, John was acting more mad at Marlena than he was. He was refusing to talk to Marlena about his plans because he didn't want Marlena to slip to Brady or Kristen that John was pretending to be okay with Kristen to get back into Brady's life. The minute John let down his guard a bit and started telling Marlena how he really felt, Brady overheard and that ruined what John had been planning. So now John is more mad at Marlena again for forcing him to open up and ruining his attempt to rekindle his relationship with his son.

Also, Marlena has had dialogue in the past week or two along the lines of, "After everything we've been through -- this, *this* is what will drive us apart?" So the show acknowledges that this pales in comparison to the things you mention. I would note though that all these things you mention are more plot elements whereas this is more of a character reason for a split -- an issue of trust.

• Members

I agree it's a character issue, but John should be pretty aware of Marlena's characteristics after almost 30 years. It's typical Marlena and I don't think she is acting out of malice, she has always pushed issues with John and regardless of Kristen, John should know enough to trust Marlena after all they have been through. I think it is a completely normal response to be weary of anything Kristen after what has happened. John is out of line, IMO, to be mad about any reaction Marlena has in regards to Kristen-and I actually really love Kristen, despite being a J&M fan.

• Members

I know that the Dannifoe SL is pissing everybody off, and that most of you guys think it is the worse story on Days right now. I myself am not a fan of Dr. McHairychest, but I am somewhat interested in watching this SL play out. I'm not sure why; maybe it's because of Chloe, Nancy and Anne adding a lot of bitchy commentary to the whole thing. Chloe may be nothing but a plot point right now, but this is still the most comfortable I have ever seen from Nadia Bjorlin in terms of acting.

I find Gabi and Sonny much more boring to watch than Dannifoe. I don't know whether it is the actor or the writing but, good God, is Sonny a one-note dullard. Gabi is just a walking recepticle for some Brady spawn. I liked her scenes on Friday with Will but she is hardly scintillating.

+1. John looks like a moody, mean bitch in all this. It actually makes me wonder what the hell Marlena ever saw in him. And I *loved* Jarlena back in the 90s.

• Members

Nick is such a broken, jagged edge character, so full of rage and pain and causing so much chaos, sometimes even seeming like he doesn't know quite why he's doing it...so much about him reminds me of something from a 1975-ish "relevant" soap opera. I end up wondering how someone like Gordon Russell or even DAYS-era Bill Bell would have written for him.

• Members

Don't tease us with possibilities that could never happen! :lol: But I agree, Nick is a fascinating character study and it really says something about BB's acting that I alrernate between hating him, pitying the hand he has been dealt with in life and (sometimes) rooting for him against Sami.

• Members

It so out of character for John to be so mean to Marlena over something so small. I mean, Brady's entire adult life has been a serious of poor decisions. This Kristen thing is just another one. Get over it John. Especially since Kristen being evil and crazy is pretty much all your fault due to your inability to make a decision between Marlena and her for half a decade in the 90's. I still don't understand why Brady gets so mad at J&M all the time. He can't see why the might be a little apprehensive about Kristen given everything? Blah, blah, blah Isabella is his mom, but, honestly Brady, she croaked when you were like 3 months old and Marlena raised you. I wish everyone would wise up in this storyline and realize they are playing directly into Kristen's hands.

I don't even like Chloe, but boy, are her and Nancy slumming it in this Dannifer story. I would rather watch Nicole, Chloe, and Nancy snark at one another everyday than watch Chloe act so desperate over DANIEL. And I don't believe there is a mirror in the Horton home because Abby and Jennifer continue to make the worst fashion choices ever.

I like the baby story. I have no use for Gabi, but at least this story makes her interesting.

I have one more question. What exactly is Bo doing? How are they explaining his absence? Is he always upstairs or is legitimately out of town or something?

Archived