DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

Marlena and Stefano have always had such an interesting dynamic. His obsession with her and the things he has done to her easily make her hate her, but the writing and acting by DH has always added a lot more to it. She almost views him as... im not sure how to put it, i want to say worthy advocacy but that sounds wrong to me. I think she has flat out hated him a few times, and almost always wishes he wasnt in her or her families life, and rightfully blames him for a lot of damage and bad things in her life, but I cant say she truly, full out hates the man.

Sami and Stefano have a very interesting relationship as well. Similar, sort of, to that of Marlena and him.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have the energy to complain about this stupid Daniel/Jennifer story so let me end the month with something positive

tumblr_mkac4lgbDw1r0jvv7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mkac1o8WZb1r0jvv7o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mka8qds91x1r0jvv7o1_500.jpg

SSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTT....he can so get it. He needs to become a male slut and start screwing all around time. Since Abby isn't giving him any, I want to see him f--king Nicole, Chloe, Kristen, Marlena (since John isn't touching her), Kate, Caroline (well maybe not her). Too much sex appeal to go to waste

• Members

You know, I'd be more excited by the Friday twist in the Dannifoe story if it didn't just mean another 3 months of Dan and Jen whining longingly and Jen yelling self-righteously at Chloe about what a sad, pathetic person she is. Because heaven forbid this show ever picks the twist in the story that would be exciting or interesting. :\

Yes, I know they've been better lately, but you know, when faced with a choice between good story and cheap story, you know what they always pick.

• Members

The "I hate you" from Jennifer pretty much sums up how I feel about Chloe too. I hope Jennifer will call Chloe's bluff and tell Daniel what Chloe has done. What do you want to see happen, beebs? I have a feeling it's not the same.

The only watchable parts of Friday's episode were everything to do with Rafe and Kate. Glad they are still going to keep seeing each other and didn't go through with splitting up. I think Stefano will already have figured it out from just seeing them together this time.

This show is really loving its birth certificates as they relate to parental rights. I feel like there is a missed opportunity there to connect Daniel and Will's stories.

I was amused by the pure WTFery of Chloe's plan, and especially Nancy going along with it. As Jennifer said, incredulous, "They're in Brazil!"

Vargas and Nick finally meet! What will happen next?

It should be fun to see how Victor reacts to Nick being under his roof once the truth comes out eventually about how Nick feels about Sonny. Also I wonder if Gabi will confide in Maggie about it if Maggie says something like it'll be great that Will will be coming over and visiting and Nick objects.

Maggie was "propping up" Nick and Gabi today though ...

So yeah, I'm no longer loving DAYS right now ... I'm still liking it enough to keep watching though. And there is a major spoiler on the horizon that has given me hope, that is really going to change things a lot.

Interesting analysis and explanation of Marlena above. I remember her cold treatment of Nicole recently too ("I know what kind of a man -- and a priest -- my son is") ... It does seem like once you are on her bad list you stay there, which again makes me question Eric's belief that she is one of the most empathetic people in the world. Don't get me wrong though, I still like Marlena.

• Members

Just caught up on this week's batch of shows. Was not impressed. First - a couple good things.

1) I love that they continue (for how many years now) to use the character of Henderson. I know we only see him like once every 5 months and he rarely does more than answer the door at the K mansion, but he has been a part of the show since I started watching in 1996 and it is refreshing to see him remain a staple with the show. Love him!!

2) I really like that DOOL is keeing a "spirituality"factor into the show (using Eric's character for a vessel for most of that) but I like how it adds to the content of the show. Real life has a great spirituality component, and I love that they can (at least somewhat) tie that into the characters we see on screen too. Eric and Marlena's talk was really refreshing. I would love to see characters have discussions of quesitoning faith, belief in God, etc.

3) I really like the character of Vargas - even though he obviously has a jaded past with many mysteries - I feel like he is going to be a character I will be able to root for! TPTB pleaseeee give Hope a real storyline and build a slow-developed romance with Hope/Vargas. (Of course this would require an explination for Bo's absence - which is horribly needed anyway). We can't just have these characters we love be in Salem "off screen" forever.. for a while is okay - but eventually we have to have a reason. Otherwise we end up with the Mickey Horton headache that lasted for years! It's frustrating. "Kill" Bo off so that Hope can have some quality scenes with that and then down the road have Vargas there as her friend.. just take it slow.

4) The younger cast really needs to be beefed up. I agree with most that Blake and Chandler are great in the younger cast, Kate does well.. NuCameron, Gabi, and Sonny are so/so for me.. I really wish we could have "T" be a contract player. He is such a good actor and he is someone we as the audience already know and care about. Give us some backstory on "T" and give the kid a contract.

5) After this week - Chloe is wasted. This is NOT the same character who appeared in Salem singing opera wearing all black in 1999. They can say her character has "evolved" all they want.. but it has "evolved" so much that she is not the same character! Chloe is not a hateful, spiteful perosn. She has her moments of anger, but she is a nice, caring person (at least the Chloe I know).. write her character out. MAYBE in 5-10 years they can bring her back and try to redeem her character. MAYBE. Not before then.

6) For crying out loud - I think Daniel was on ALL 5 days this week. Maybe he tests well with some crazy inappropriate testing group, I don't know..but I know he needs to GET OFF our screens. I feel like every single storyline revolves around him. Practically ANY scene involving Jennifer, Chloe, Nancy, Parker, Maggie, Abby... they all revolve around him. Daniel even showed up in Brady & Kristin's scenes this week at DiMansion. It's crazy! I don't think Shawn Christian is a horrible actor (I think he's mediocore) but as we have repeatidly said.. the way he is written makes every character he has a scene with worse off for it (I mean just look at Jennifer - I'm a HUGE fan of the real "Jennifer Rose" ... but once the stench of Dr. Dan has engulfed her - I can't stand the character).

7) I really wish we could see Belle/Shawn again.. It's been 5 years. That's TOO long for a couple that was built (and rightfully so) as the New Generation's supercouple. I'm sure Martha Madison would agree to return to the show maybe Jason Cook would too (at least on a part time basis).. Heck, I would even take Brandon Beemer in the role again. The Bope son and Jarlena daughter.. there is no reason for them to be off-screen for so long when we have to endure others who hog airtime and we can't get rid of (note above comment).

8) WHY has no one mentioned Carrie's baby?!?! I know she is off-screen, but the audience who has watched Carrie Brady grow up since 1986 doesn't forget someone exists as easily as the writers do! All it would take would be one line "Ohh.. just got off the phone with Carrie! She and Austin and baby ___fill in the blank___ are doing well and loving being back in Switzerland." It's that easy! There is NO excuse except for lazy writing. Anybody could say this line... Marlena, Kate, Sami, Caroline, Lucas, Will, John, Hope.. Take your pick!

9) Last but certainly not least... For crying out loud - please give Bryan Datillo something to do. The man is a vet, a GREAT actor, has SO much comedic potential, can interact with literally ANYONE one the canvas, has history with the show, is a guy we all love.. the list goes on! Please use him for SOMETHING other than to prop Rafe, Will, Sami, etc. He (and we) deserve better.

• Members

I agree that it seems they may make Vargas a rootable character. He seemed sincere when he talked to Eric about not wanting to blow his chance. He had that thoughtful/earnest face even after Eric left. He is maybe not 3-dimensional yet, but at least not a one-note villain. I'm not sure about putting him with Hope though. I agree if they do that, they should take it slow and have them be friends first. Hope finding out what Vargas did to Nick in prison would also be a nice obstacle for them to overcome -- the more I think about it, the more I like it. Not sure how to handle Bo's absence but I'm wary of "killing off" characters when you hope to bring them back.

• Members

Great summary, but you're forgetting a key component that is really what kicked off the storyline: Kristen finding and hiding the letter that John wrote to Marlena (when he was sentenced to death and thought he was gonna die) declaring his love for her. Kristen kept it hidden in a book in the DiMera mansion and eventually Marlena found it, but by then, Kristen was pregnant. Marlena was salivating to reveal the deception to John, but when Kristen miscarried in Paris, she & the doctor she paid off convinced everyone that she needed bedrest and it would be a tricky pregnancy. The whole frustration of the storyline for the audience was knowing that Kristen wasn't pregnant and was using her non-pregnancy to buy Marlena's silence.

Archived