DAYS: March Discussion Thread

• Members

I agree. Furthermore, Kristen knew FROM THE BEGINNING that Marlena had John's heart. She could have chosen to walk away and not deal with John and save herself years of pain and suffering. However, she chose to be with a man that didn't love her completely and expected a storybook happy ending. Give me a break. Kristen only has herself to blame for her decisions.

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree about Blake Berris' amazing acting! The show needs to do everything possible to make sure Blake stays put in this role for a good long while. His scenes Friday with Sonny and the fight were so real life and dramatic. And scenes on Monday with Gabi where he recalls his prison time had me drawn in (and I am not really a fan of Camilla, so it wasn't her).

I think the way Nick is being written is the perfect example of what writers should strive for when trying to get us to "hate" a character... just for an example. Nick can be arrogant, homophobic, big headed, etc and the character can make me so angry (which is what the writers shoud want, because that keeps the fan base passionate) but I "love to hate" Nick.. I certainly don't want the character of Nick to go away... On the other hand, the character of Daniel is a character that I (and many of us, I believe) just "hate," not "love to hate." Daniel is a character who (as has been stated many times) not only comes across as a dumb character.. but also cheapens and degrades every single character he has scenes with - starting with Chelsea, Billie, Kate, Chloe, Jennifer, the list goes on and on... Opposite from Nick, Daniel is a character I have no investment into his life or outcome or care of his struggles, love, nothing.. He falls on the opposite side of the "love to hate" category that I just "hate".

Sidenote: Great seeing Judi Evans in Monday's episode. I would love to see her and Wally more frequently in storyline that doesn't revolve around Sonny/Will... maybe a health scare storyline.. breast cancer for Adrienne - something Judi's acting chops could really dig into the emotional side of things and give us some deep emotional drama

• Members

Judi is on the mentalist, i believe, now too.

I think what the show really needs to do with Nick to keep him a viable character is bring on Julie and really bond them. He needs an anchor, someone the audience loves and cares for that can love and care for and defend him in public and take him to task behind closed doors and try to se him straight. I think that his caring for Julie could also humanize him and give him someone to talk to to show his inner emotions that he keeps hidden from time to time.

• Members

Rafe and Kate, and Brady and Kristen, are the main things working for me on the show right now. So glad Rafe and Kate found out about Will signing away his rights. Hopefully they will do some more digging. Loved Kate slapping Rafe at first when she thought he'd been lying to her. Also, earlier, loved Kate talking about "Stockholm syndrome" with Stefano and Rafe asking if he had to imprison her. And now Sonny saw Rafe and Kate together! Loved his awkward face.

I liked Stefano's deceptively welcoming reaction to Sami and Brady. I like Brady saying he will get along with Kristen's family.

I agree with jo.frank88 about how Nick is a "love to hate" character. I am glad to see he still has layers. I was moved by his prison story.

Will ordering Sami to give him the details about how they were going to get Stefano to help him, and then turning down Justin's offer of help, will backfire on him, I think. I don't feel it's "out of character," but Will is so hypocritical after how he had been so against the Stefano thing just a few days earlier! Yes Nick used the gay slur but it's not like Will didn't already know that Nick is super homophobic. I'm getting really exasperated with Will.

I'm also disappointed that Will approved of Sonny's violence. No one else here feels the same, but I am really bothered by the show being part of the problem promoting violence as an anti-bullying tactic or as a strategy to respond to problems in general.

Cameron and Abigail were okay. I like that the show had Abigail misleadingly tell Cameron it was him without explaining about what she saw with the exchange of money. It's fine, drag it out, DAYS, very soapy! There's enough going on in the rest of the show that I'm not bothered by all the miscommunications in this story delaying things some more.

JackPeyton and Paul Raven, you have great ideas about characters Nick could interact with.

Personally, the vet I want to see more is Caroline. For some reason, she really grips me and I think they should be doing more with her Alzheimer's story.

Archived